Oil Service... With 340 miles on the clock?!

Jimrod

Hmm, last two times I've started my Yeti it's said "Oil Service!" On the Maxidot display. As soon as I start driving it goes away and there are no warning lamps showing. The car's two weeks old and the supplying dealer is 80 miles away...

Any suggestions? :D

Hmm, last two times I've started my Yeti it's said "Oil Service!" On the Maxidot display. As soon as I start driving it goes away and there are no warning lamps showing. The car's two weeks old and the supplying dealer is 80 miles away...

Call the dealer? :P

it needs a dealer, sounds like they forgot to reset the service indicator at PDI or the car is a "From Stock" vehicle that is 12 months old being sold as new and its reached its first service.

• Like 1

Why not pop into the Skoda dealer at swindon, should only take a few seconds to reset hopefully.

• Like 1

Isn't just the first checkup just to make sure nothing is leaking and levels are right........it says oil because it's not programmed to say "ex factory quick check".

It should be a 'while you wait' quickie.

Isn't just the first checkup just to make sure nothing is leaking and levels are right........it says oil because it's not programmed to say "ex factory quick check".

It should be a 'while you wait' quickie.

There is no "first check up" any more, and hasn't been for many years.

Peugeot still do out here.......but then the French are notoriously slack in car maintenance.

I regard sending a factory a complex product like a car out on the road for thousands of kms and owned by people who often haven't a clue about what's vital, as heroic.

I don't see a need for me to take it back simply because I know what to look for and have a clean garage floor to park on to make leaks clearly visible.

In any market?.

In any market (for VW product).

I know some of the Australian dealerships do it at a local level but that's because Australians expect it and can't be bothered checking their oil level. (massive generalisation but you get the idea).

The dealership is supposed to reset the service interval timer at the PD.

In any market (for VW product).

I know some of the Australian dealerships do it at a local level but that's because Australians expect it and can't be bothered checking their oil level. (massive generalisation but you get the idea).

The dealership is supposed to reset the service interval timer at the PD.

Yeah

A long way between dealerships in the outback.

To me it's seems there is competition between brands to extend (or less of them) service intervals as a sales 'point-of-difference'.....up to 32,000kms!

Well it's still saying it this morning, the garage have said they'll ask the service department and get back to me... You know I may just open the bonnet for the first time and take a look for myself to see if anything's wrong! :D On the plus side I haven't seen any oil patches under the car!

6360E984-C7B3-4488-A32E-2CCD08182B8C_zps

You know opening the bonnet can reset the warnings temporarily , it does with the oil light. Id get it to any nearest dealer now, and check there is oil in it !   Or even get breakdown to get you there , id not be happy to drive without making sure its got correct oil 

Edited by blueR36
  • Like 2

You know opening the bonnet can reset the warnings temporarily , it does with the oil light. Id get it to any nearest dealer now, and check there is oil in it !   Or even get breakdown to get you there , id not be happy to drive without making sure its got correct oil 

Well I took a look, no mess, nothing suspicious, dipstick looks ok (didn't have anything to wipe it with but it was at least "wet" looking), no oil under the car... I'll see if the garage get back to me and maybe get it to the one in Swindon later (annoyingly I work in Cirencester 15 miles away) if need be. The car drives and sounds fine so it hasn't been a major concern and the warning goes out quickly with no lights or anything showing. Fingers crossed it's just something simple!

• Like 1

What?

I don't think it does!!

If it did, everytime you refilled the screen washer it would reset.

• Like 1

It does for oil level http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123142

and here post 6 http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/230866-oil-warning-light/

CHECK OIL LEVEL

The warning light will go out if the bonnet is left open for more than 30 seconds. If

no engine oil has been replenished, the warning light will come on again after

driving about 100 km.

Edited by blueR36
  • Like 4

It maybe that the dealer is an old fashioned one who doesn't believe in the saying 'nothing can go wrong' and has set it for your own protection........just maybe.

In my new Yeti there is a service label for check up at 6 km before i get the car

and reservice at 30000 km so here in Denmark is there a "first check up"

Is that a statement

Or

A question?.

Go through the maxi-dot menu and look at Service > Info. This will tell you how many miles and days to the next service and inspection. I presume it also counts the otherway to suggest how overdue it is.

It might be something as simple as the date or year being set incorrectly?

Go through the maxi-dot menu and look at Service > Info. This will tell you how many miles and days to the next service and inspection. I presume it also counts the otherway to suggest how overdue it is.

It might be something as simple as the date or year being set incorrectly?

Ooh I'll give that a look! Cheers, it's now booked in at the Swindon dealer for next Wednesday, finger's crossed it isn't anything serious then!

Do your own fluid checks and make sure the dipstick is fully seated that eliminates potential problems and don't worry about the service lights .....they can be reset at your convenience.

I had a service spanner on the Pug which just needed a reset.