Tyre Recommendations for 1.4 TSI Elegance ?

Sorry to start another tyres thread, but the discussions I've read here so far seem to focus on the vRS, and with my Elegance model my needs are probably a bit more comfort/noise/economy oriented than outright lateral grip :-)

The front tyres will soon need replacing - they've done over 20,500 miles or so and are down to around 3mm.  The car came with Pirelli P7 Cinturatos and it is running on the Elegance standard 17" wheels, so I need a 225x45x17 tyre.

I've not been overly impressed with the Pirellis.  Traction from a quick-ish getaway seems a bit poor, and the comfort/noise is nothing special.

Any recommendations?  The Continental Sport Contact 5 or Michelin Primacy 3 look possible, albeit at about £10 more a tyre than the Pirelli.  

Black Circles is also showing me the 94 load-rated version of the Primacy at a lower price than the 91.  Am I correct that the 94 will have a stiffer sidewall and thus potentially harsher ride than the 91?  I have the estate, but very rarely run it anything like fully loaded.

Thanks!

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 225/45 17 94 Y.

V cheap, excellent wet/dry grip, low noise and seem to wear v well. They are in essence a premium tyre as BMW, Merc and Audi all fit them to certain models.

Sure as hell better than the Dunlop rubbish my car came with originally..weared poorly (even starting to crack) and vastly overpriced.

Been running these on the front of mine for some miles and just continue to impress...the original Dunlop rears have sawtoothed to pieces so a set of Hankooks going on the back imminently to match.

Edited by pipsypreturns
  • Like 1

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/nokian/weatherproof/225-45-r17-94v-333492

Got these on my vRS (2 months) but in 225x40x18 & can't rate them enough ;) absolutely a great tyre, especially with winter months ahead, these would be a good choice but also there an all season tyre

Edited by BATVANVRS

Well car now has a full compliment of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 225/45 17 94 Y XL's.

Not driven it yet but I dont expect to be unimpressed given the difference having the V12's on the front the past few K miles has made.

I can comfortably say the Sport Maxx RT is a s$&t tyre and I will never be buying them again simple as.