1.0 se

Monte123

It's quite pathetic compared to a 1.2TSI 110hp, I don't really understand why people even consider buying the 1.0 engine? The only advantage the 1.0 has is that it's cheaper to buy. I've test driven both of them.

On the other hand I like to drive fast so that's my opinion and I actually ended up ordering something way faster than a 110hp Fabia because of that.

Tõnu

Edited by MantaOwner

Hello!

It depends what you expecting from it of course. My expectations wasn't that high when I decided to buy 1.0. But for me It performs very well. 

In Istanbul we have a lot of hills and ramps but 1.0 still doing good job even with it's low torque. If you drive calm, fuel consumption feels like you are driving a Diesel car.

I really like my 1.0 and I'm sure it will perform better at UK roads.

I would suggest you test drive both as you'll always be wondering whether you should of gone for the 1.2 TSI 110 if you don't.

Wife & I test drove the 1.0 & didn't like it at all. The 1.2 TSI 110 mated to the 6 speed box is a great set up giving decent performance & economy. We love ours.

Sounds a tempting price. We had the l.0 on holiday and it was fine. Nice around town, fine on the motorway and did manage the steep hills. You will not be overtaking quickly and will need to change down on steep hills but depends how fast you want to drive! Nice car.

I would test drive the 1.2 if I was really looking to buy one , its just we saw it while the wife was there looking at a used Monte. And it was there in the showroom, and if it was any good we would have brought it. As its such a good price but it sounds like the engine should really stay in the citygo to what I'm hearing..?

Whilst my Polo was in for some work I was give a 1.0 75ps Polo SE and it was pretty good on fuel in normal driving. Almost as good as my Polo diesel but didnt have anything like the torque for climbing up hills unless you dropped a gear and gave it some welly!!

A 1.0 litre engine in an estate certaunly seems weedy. Just my opinon.

I havent driven it in the new Fabia, but have in the Polo.

It lacks torque compared to the HTP it replaces and is more revvy to make it go.

Fine in the Citigo, but not quite enough in a car thats a size bigger imo.

If you just do town driving though or dont drive too fast, it might suit your driving style nicely.

• Like 1