BMW M2 - The M-pire Strikes Back

Lady Elanore

M2 Sportpack showroom full details with start up and throttle blip. Rear seating and boot.

Sorry struggling to input YouTube video.

Edited by vrskeith

Is it correct that the official UK launch of the M2 is 16th April 2016?

Obviously very limited available to view in UK Dealerships.

So it will soon be showroom launch day,so has any lucky Briskoda member received their invitation yet,for viewing in the flesh and may be a test drive?

Looks like the road reviews are starting to come in now

AutoExpress drives M2

Motor Trend drive the M2 on road and track (with that oldish Randy chap than hoons cars) :)

They make an interesting comment about the seat position in the M2 and now that I think about it, I have had the same feeling about my baby Beemer's drivers seat too. The M2 really does need some better chairs than the standard M Sport ones though, good as they are, they need chairs like the M3/4, AMG A45 Sports seats or just good old fashioned Recaros

Edited by Lady Elanore

Having been in a passenger seat in a bloody nice M235i with the performance pack (fully loaded and the exhaust note :devil: ), I'm sure as soon as my local BMW dealer gets their hands on one I'm sure my mate will borrow it from time to time 

I know a man who has bought an M2 and should have it by next week when I am working with him. Although I doubt we will have time to go for a spin, I hope to at least drool over it and make sticky finger prints on it's nice clean windows :D I doubt I will ever own one, but it's nice to have something to aim for.

Amanda,

Just making up for yesterday.

Autocar RHD Review today.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/bmw/m235i/first-drives/2016-bmw-m2-review-0

Would be a very interesting comparison VFM / Performance

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/bmw/m235i

M2 Official Launch Day Tomorrow? Have you been invited to pick up your M2.

What colour and spec?

So what will be in your freebie pack?

Edited by vrskeith

So M2 delivery if ordered today, is forecast to be very late 2017-early 2018. Subject to change if BMW increase production build.

Currently M2 offered on finance, at a fixed rate option of APR 6.2%

Hence no discounts due to lead time  for delivery.

If anyone still buys magazines (I do, as I'm a bit old school :) ) there is a very interesting article comparing the new Boxster, the M2 and the Ford RS. Ford RS looks to be the bargain of the Century and can easily match the thrills and raw pace of the opposition in the test (it actually outshines them in some key areas :) )

Sure there will be a link once the magazine has been out for a couple of weeks.

An awesome bit of kit....a heck of a lot of money for a 2 series but it is probably better in many respects than an M4. If I was in the market for a hyper saloon and had 45-50k to splurge be what I'd choose.

Poor Judd Trump got his last week... except he had to leave it at the dealers, as he is playing up in Sheffield in the snooker. It is loaded and even has a sillier exhaust than standard. life can be so hard to some people :D