MaxChip tuning box box Installation help

Hi all,

I received my new 2015 Octavia A7 1.8TSi.

Great Power and acceleration.

I pre-ordered a ChipBox from https://maxchip.de/en/

now I got it, but they sent me manual for installation which is for VAGs in general, it doesn't help me.

can someone help me out? I need to locate 2 connectors (not sure which, but I guess the boost sensor and the common rail connector).

If you want, I can take a pic of the device I got, so you may be able to assist more.

anyone had the chance to install a chipbox on Octavia?

thanks a lot

Did they name the two connectors within the documentation at all?  I fitted a DTUK box to mine, it required 3 connections, as per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1GCzRhBTJQ it names the connections and positions, see if they are the same for yours (albeit two connections for your kit) and follow the instruction.

Regards

J

• Like 1

@Nurian

Thank you for the video, I'll give it a look in the next few minutes.

MaxChip.com didnt mention what connectors need to be replaced\re-connected.

I asked them 3 times, they keep sending me PDFs for instructions on Passat and Golf, not Skoda III 1.8

They are so unprofessional, I'm ****ed a bit, there is no appropriate support.

anyway, will ask again with a bit of a tone, and will check the video you provided and post back here.

They said in the document(its in german and now I translated):

need to connect to "Turbo sensor\connector" and to "intake manifold sensor\connector".

the "intake manifold" sensor is easy and I can see it at top of the manifold.

but to get to the Turbo sensor\connector do I need to remove parts?( I can spot the Turbo)

please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by spidi

If the engine in the Golf/Passat is the same as that in your Octavia then the connectors should be in the same locations, if the 2 connectors are of different configurations then it should be obvious which is which though I appreciate your reluctance to experiment.

I agree the site is next to useless in providing installation information but I am puzzled that a tuning box should only have 2 connectors, most/all other tuning boxes I am aware of for TSi engines all have 3 connectors, are there also power connectors to connect to the battery to power the unit?

• Like 1

Ok, follow the instructions for the DTUK video but ignore the camshaft position sensor which is the first one he explains.

The next two are the same as yours, first is at the front of the engine just underneath the engine cover.  The boost sensor is down the bottom of the engine between the block and the radiators.  This one is easier to get to if you jack the front of the car up, remove the undertray.  It'll jump out at you straight away as its almost centrally located in front of the engine block...

• Like 1

On a side note, I fitted the pedal box at the same time and must say Im really impressed with the DTUK system.

Sorry for hijack but can't pm you apparently!

Hi mate, how do you find the DTUK box? Have you had to play about with it to get a desired setting? Does it pull strong through the range? PM me.

Kind regards

And the morale of this tale of woes

Performance is not the total sum of a tuning boxes worth, customer service can be a make or break issue

DTUK are Fn great at customer service, even if you have to ask them to talk slower in order to decipher the northern twang !!!!!

Regards

T

• Like 1

And the morale of this tale of woes

Performance is not the total sum of a tuning boxes worth, customer service can be a make or break issue

DTUK are Fn great at customer service, even if you have to ask them to talk slower in order to decipher the northern twang !!!!!

Regards

T

Totally agree, as an Engineer and all round nerd I tend to build and make myself with everything I do, hack it, you name it.  I did the first Octy tune but with the new one I opted for the DTUK box.  Piece of **** to fit, was done in a little over 30 minutes (mostly jacking and taking undertray out).

Pedal box took about 1 minute to install but fook was it a tight fit.  Been slowly upping the settings since fittings (2 months ago) and have had both box and pedal on max for a while now.  After winter will be on to internally tweaking the DTUK box but for now, such a different car.  Response is so much better and the pedal box just sweetens the deal.

Hi guys,

Thank you all for helping (espicially @Nuriyan)

The PDF and the video you provided were very assisting.

so it was the boost\Turbo sensor, and the inlet sensor.

I started the car, no issue appeared, the car runs smoothly.

now for the interesting part the me(and you :) ) were waiting for, 

the car runs very differently, its much more aggressive, mid accelerations are very powerful, and everyone who had a ride before and after, recognized and felt it without me saying so.

from 100 KM/H to 200, its way different than before, the acceleration just never ends!! big smile while full throttle :)

did not test the 0-100 yet, but will do it in the next upcoming days(its rainy now and I need a dry road) and will; post back here.

I'm guessing I'll be on 6.8~ 

basically on paper, it should grant the car more 43 Horses, I guess that's stage 1 on other flashed software.

Edited by spidi

On a side note, I fitted the pedal box at the same time and must say Im really impressed with the DTUK system.

can you provide a link to a DTUK pedal box for Skoda Octavia MK3 A7 1.8TSi?

so, I tested the acceleration with traction control on and then off

I just noticed that I drove with D, not S mode, which might be even better regarding the aceleration, I will test again with S and let you know.

Traction control ON:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JadvCjgZ3UQ

Traction Control OFF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tLlwe70ytw

I will take a pic, but the boost sensor is way down front so I will not be able to take a pic for it.

the above video posted by Nuriyan helped me a lot.

the installation took 10 minutes, no errors appeared, power felt right away.

one more video for you guys :), much winds on the high road, car continued to pull to 255 and for sure it could pull more!

• 4 months later...