SuperSkoda Grill

Has anyone fitted one of these;

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-09-12-Facelift-racing-badgeless-grille-in-RS-Honeycomb-design-KI-R

or these;

http://www.superskoda.com/skoda/octavia-ii/skoda-octavia-ii-facelift-09-sport-badgeless-grille-ki-r

Just wondered about the quality - will it break if you hold it to lift the bonnet etc?

I fancy colour coding the chrome surround on an OEM grill, but don't know if I can be bothered to peel the chrome plating off before painting it.

Your thoughts.

Thanks (and Merry Christmas!!)

Edited by Mouldy

Hi mate

Although it hasn't been fitted yet (Grill in your first link) I can say that my experience with Superskoda has been good. The item in my opinion is excellent and I can't honestly see it breaking or being damaged by it being used to lift the bonnet.

My plan is to have it colour coded to match rest of race Blue scheme and then fit the VRS logo badge at a later date. I'm not so sure peeling the chrome of an OEM grill is a good idea and my research has shown that it can be very tedious and time consuming, hence why I just purchased the badgeless grill.

When I get it done, I'll post some pics on here. Go for it and be sure to let us know how you get on. all the best!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dealings have been very good. Product and service. Most bits genuine Skoda whilst aftermarket bits are of a high quality.

They have a New Year Sale on now too....20% off everything:

NEW YEAR SPECIAL DISCOUNT 20% at SUPERSKODA.COM

Dear customers,

we would like to inform you, that we just launched NEW YEAR DISCOUNT 20%, which will be applied for ALL orders.

Discount will be deducted after the checkout proces automatically. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

your superskoda.com team

*** This promotion is for all end-users only, no VAT-off inquiries from companies allowed ***

You have received this email because of your registration in our mailing list superskoda.com (http://www.superskoda.com).
to remove your email from our mailing list write down your email in ´NEWS´ field on the main page.

Looks like the one in the first link is the one I have, I got mine second hand and don't know how old it is so I cant say how good it would have been new quality wise but its decent enough and looks ok once painted up. Technically you don't really use the grille itself to lift the bonnet you're grabbing the bonnet itself which the grille is attached to so nothing to worry about there.

This is mine

20150517_110606_RichtoneHDR_zpsgaxrgode.

Edited by 88rsr

I have all set from them last year which is on sale here.vrs sold. Elegance doesn't need it

I did not fit the honeycomb grill because I can not understand how to open the bonnet. Hook or handle must be bended or removed to fit a grill but the bonnet no secured anymore without hook.

Quality is very far from OEM, all parts must be properly prepared with a lot of filler to make it good and painted of course. If you just paint it, you will always see unperfection if you fussy. Unpainted items will looks like you bought a cheap plastic from toy shop and stick onto you car. Its only my opinion

I agree that I wouldn't have wanted it fitted without painting it, and also that its not up to oem quality but its good enough to do the job and I reckon it looks the part once its painted. 

As for opening the bonnet I've not bent or modified the latch/handle to lift it or anything, when fitting it pushes the little handle all the way back and obviously you lose the function for it to pop through the grille when you pull the lever inside the car.

However with it fitted when you pull the lever inside the car the bonnet still pops up and then you can lift it enough to get your hand under to move the latch and fully open the bonnet no problem, minor inconvenience for a grille that now matches the others.. well on the FL VRS at least.

Then if I want or need to put a standard grille back on it will just work as normal and the handle will still pop through as it should.

I've bought the grill, side skirts and rear lip plate for vrs spoiler.it cost me £180 delivered. Then, £70 materials, paint + £130 labor. Painted perfect in black matt. Matt is hard to paint cos you can't polish the marks...

I sold my VRS without even fit those on, put it for sale for £360 and people asking me what stuff I smoking???? LOL

They are laugh when I saying that plastic Not useable without painting, they answer like,~ I can paint from the aersol ballon etc

Guys Suprskoda parts not cheap to look on your car decent, if money is the problem, my advice~ DON'T BUY!