Reliable dashcam with GPS

Nathanio

Hello All, 

I bought an Ausdom AD260  from Amazon on Black Friday deals and its got to go back. It stops recording randomly or doesn't even start. Shame as the quality is excellent when it works!

I want to replace it with something more reliable and has GPS as well. 

I have been looking at the Mini 0805 from Combi.org.uk and has anyone had one and been pleased with it?

I like the fact I can get a second car kit and fit it to the wives car for when we go away with it.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, 

I bought an Ausdom AD260  from Amazon on Black Friday deals and its got to go back. It stops recording randomly or doesn't even start. Shame as the quality is excellent when it works!

I want to replace it with something more reliable and has GPS as well. 

I have been looking at the Mini 0805 from Combi.org.uk and has anyone had one and been pleased with it?

I like the fact I can get a second car kit and fit it to the wives car for when we go away with it.

Thanks

Just wondering did you go ahead with this ? I had the Mini 0801 for the last couple of years. It has its problems with reliability (especially flaky if you have audio record switched on), but I believe this is supposed to have improved with the 0805. 

Transcend have one of their higher models with GPS. Amazon sell it so returns are no issue.

Proper brand rather than a generic Chinese model so 'should' be more reliable.

Not cheap though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0147QA57K/ref=twister_B00OJ7YYFW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have a non GPS Transcend fitted to the rear. Excellent optics and you can connect to it via wifi.

I have GPS enabled Roadhawk DC2 fitted to the front, which is also good, but the lens is not as wide as the Transcend.

That's a new Transcend, looks good. I've fitted their Drivepro 100 and 200 to a couple of cars in our stable in the past 18 months - no problems at all. The mounts are compact, and they include micro SD cards.

I ended up buying a Mini 0805 from GearBest in the end for £44. Has been much more reliable but a few little issues. Every so often it starts up, starts recording and then after 5 minutes or so stops. I press a button to start again and then carries on till I turn off next (I did 2hrs yesterday without issues despite this first problem). 

Hopefully it'll start behaving itself once I get a chance to work out the issue

I ended up buying a Mini 0805 from GearBest in the end for £44. Has been much more reliable but a few little issues. Every so often it starts up, starts recording and then after 5 minutes or so stops. I press a button to start again and then carries on till I turn off next (I did 2hrs yesterday without issues despite this first problem). 

Hopefully it'll start behaving itself once I get a chance to work out the issue

That's the sort of issue that drove me mad with the 0801. You really need to be able to install it and forget about it. The great thing about the mini series is they are discreet,and can be left in place without attracting attention from thieves. I had mine installed nearly a year before the wife noticed it was there! I'd happily spend more on a brand name camera if it was this size. Please let us know if you do solve the problem with the 0805. 

.....looking at the Transcend models but not very discreet.

More discreet than some cameras, and I've found some tailgaters suddenly back off when they see the one in my rear screen :)