Engine Compartment Fuse Ratings

Hi All,

Yesterday while on a long road trip driving to see relatives ,I kept receiving an Automatic Headlight Assist Fault Error, so naturally this morning I opened up the Engine Compartment Fuse box to see if there was anything obvious causing the error.

However immediately I noticed a Yellow 20A fuse was floating about, however I can't figure where it belongs as neither the manual and Skoda assist could tell me what fuse ratings are assigned to each slot / component.

Can anyone offer any assistance? I don't want to just put it in any slot for fear of causing more of an issue.

The Slots which appear to be missing fuses are 16-Ignition,Fuel Pump, 20-Alarm (Dont have one) and 21-ABS

The car seems to be running without fault which I think is strange as I have no fuse in #16

FYI Car is an Octavia III VRS TDI (July 2013).

Thanks for the help.

(Apologies for the brevity sent from mobile)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Slot 16 will only be used for petrol engines with ignition coils to power (no mention of fuel pump in the May 2013 onwards fuse listings for this slot).

Slot 20 would be a 10A fuse if you had alarm.

Slot 21 should have a 20A fuse in for ABS in one of the three variants of ABS systems, so bung it in there, especially if you can see two contacts for the fuse to lock into.

Often unused slots don't have the 'destination wire' contact so you might see that if a fuse was fitted there it wouldn't do anything anyway, 'cos one of its terminals wouldn't connect to anything.

Take a close up photo of one/all of the empty slots if you don't understand what I mean.

• Like 1