Help with a power steering pump

Long story short. I bought a 2002 Fabia 1.4 MPi for my 17 yr old son to help with college (vehicle engr). It was bought as a spares or repair as it was previously a donor car and has had the PAS pump removed, amongst other bits & bobs.

I've done a search and found the PAS pump part no thread but my chassis no doesn't match up with the 3 types provided.

The chassis no for ours is:

TMBPB16Y723481085

Following the guide this leaves me with:

6Y-2-481-085

Any idea which PAS pump I need to be looking for? Even better if someone has one that I can purchase from you?

Ah, are you on Northloop by any chance?  Have a vague recollection of a similar story. :)

I would start by looking at the angle sensor.  Can I assume you have a bare plug behind the passenger headlight?  See if there is a plug on the angle sensor in the rack, or if the wiring is integral to the end of the sensor.  This will dictate if its the newer or older style of angle sensor.  I can't say what a 2002 will have but my 2001 had the old style integral one, until I swapped everything at the bottom end steering related to vRS spec. :)

Might be worth having a search in parts for sale. I think Tech1e was selling one a while ago, dunno if it went or not. He'd also be excellent at knowing whether it would suit your car.

When I look up on partscats.info what suits a 2002 car, I find this page which suggests no need to look at VIN, just find one with part number 6R0423156 (just pump) or 6Q0423155AE (includes mounting bracket).

(As ^ he says above!) :)

Edited by Wino

Ah, are you on Northloop by any chance?  Have a vague recollection of a similar story. :)

I would start by looking at the angle sensor.  Can I assume you have a bare plug behind the passenger headlight?  See if there is a plug on the angle sensor in the rack, or if the wiring is integral to the end of the sensor.  This will dictate if its the newer or older style of angle sensor.  I can't say what a 2002 will have but my 2001 had the old style integral one, until I swapped everything at the bottom end steering related to vRS spec. :)

Yep. I am. Chris D

Cheers for the info, both of you. Will have a look when I next get an opportunity in day light and report back.v