pleassssseee HELP! OVER REVVVV

Hey guys merry Xmas and a new year and all that........, OK I have a fab is vrs 06 plate real dodgy buy if I am honest *won't be happening again!!!), turbo blew withing 2 months and several other issues but all seem to be sorted now, but with no supprise another issue when boosting in any gear and like always I bring it up to utleast 2k rpm before putting the toe down a bit ;), but I've noticed the revs will fly up but with no speed leave of the throttle gathers itself again and away to go again not so much in 2nd gear but 3-5 gear if I am a little to heavy this will happen always all pipes are in place it's had a new turbo so it's not that (hopefully), biting point is spot on no weird sounds smells nothing!, any ideas please thank you in advance.. :).

Ah **** I thought this maybe the case got a few friends that have said the same, that means a new dmf to the doesn't it if I am doing the clutch?, it's just weird you would expect a smell or even a bad biting point but nothing just that over rev another shed loads of notes to spend AGAIN then! Cheers felicia16v

Devasted I love the car just don't think I can keep spending iv already payed for repairs for the same price I bought it for of I nurse it it pulls like a train but when you have a ford ka trying to over take you you can't but help to put your foot down a little but I got to fight to keep the revs there so getting a bit of a pain in the arse to drive the enjoyment is slowly going :(.

Plus forgot to say the bite is more or less just off the floor would that still be the case if it was slipping the slipping business has been going on for some time now and still no burning or clunking or any sort of abnormalities?.

Could be the flywheel rather than the clutch, I'm not certain of the different symptoms, but if you were to replace one you may as well replace the whole lot due to the labour side of things. Clutch and labour should only sit you at about £250-300 I'd of thought?? Others will have a better / definite figure.

JRJG

I think you have clutch slip too.

The good news is that this could be caused by an air lock in the hydraulics, which will cost washers to correct.

Even if it is a worn-out clutch, that doesn't mean that you need a new flywheel, but the only way to check a DMF for wear unless it's got to the noisy stage is to take the gearbox off for access.

Cheers dirty diesel but to be honest I can't really find a kit for less than that on ebay and that's with out the labour I know you have to drop the box to do the work, I'll have to ring around some garages see what the damage for my wallet will be again just looked on ebay and a dmf are going for around 300-380 that's just parts shoot me now!!.

Its clutch slip but does it happen everytime you floor it? The reason I ask is because I went through a little period of about 2-3 days when my clutch was slipping everytime I booted it, I thought the worse and treated the car with a bit more sympathy and it just went away on its own, that must of been over 6 months ago.

Heya mate, more or less I have a little one so don't get to boot it much anyway I too have done what you do nurse and build up through the revs then she's fine it's almost like it's there then go goes then picks back up when I leave off a little then back she still pulls like a train but no this has been going on for some time I read some a forum on here something about a bad map and a over load of touqe delivery???, would I still be able to hill start and pull of smooth if it was the clutch bare in mind that this has been going on for maybe 3-5 months?.

I also had and issue with the oil cap producing a lot of vapour due to the extention for the engine cover my old man just simply toke the extention off cleaned the top of the engine and it was black but since it's been removed there's no oil on there is there a chance that the oil from that could have been doing the same thing as the fuel pump? .

If oil or fuel has contaminated the clutch then it's most likely dead but I would fix the leak and give it all a good blast off with degreaser and pressure wash it.

If your lucky it might be OK after a few miles and burn off the contamination but if it's fuel leak it will have washed the lubrication out of the flywheel so it will soon be dead.

If it's dry already then it's box our time

OK bit of a novice when it comes to this more than likely to be oil than fuel I think my fuel pump is right at the front of the engine I will get some decreaser and rey it anyway and try that but there's nothing else I can look for?. I try and get picks in the nest day or to hope it will calm down p.s this has been like it for months with no change plus I seen a post on here about sitting g on the flat with your foot on the clutch for 5 min to see if the car will pull off is this safe as I was going to try as it's on briskoda print legit lol?.

This is the bitting.point point??. Wouldn't let me up load my bitting.point point I'd say 3inches maybe but not snappy and not slow seems perfect only when I hit the high revs :(

Edited by blackmagic06

Hey jimbo just tried that nothing mate everything seems normal (to me), clutch feels sounds works fine apart from the over rev but I have read that sometimes a bad remap can cause to much torque I haven't personal mapped the car but previous owner (s) may if could this be a possibility Jim? .