Revo remap done and chuffed to bits

Trotts

My Roomster 1.2 TSI  86 hp.  Two years old next Feb 16. Just had second service done at 20K miles with main dealer as part of service plan. Just over a year till end of warranty.

I saw that Revo in December were doing the stage one remap with 25% off.  The price came down from £399 to £299.  Increased Torque, and power went  from 86 to 129.

Others here have commented the power in the 86 was adequate and  I  will concur fully with that, but after all research and some diligence I went for it with a local Revo dealer (who also a well respected independent VW/Audi garage).

I had registered my interest with Revo UK head office early in December and got my certificate for the discount,  and had it done a week  before Xmas.

The result is really like night and day.  The performance was certainly OK before, now i would say it is good.  I notice the extra power on hills where i live and more relaxed drive on Motorway.  I used to keep Revs between 2 - 3 K and still do, and  I find that the car pulls so much better in that rev range.  Certain local hills can be taken now in a higher gear, previously had to say go from third to second.

The interesting thing is while they were doing it (Streetwise Bristol) they rang me and said i could have one of three different maps uploaded.  One (which i did chose) suggested using better fuel such a Shell V Power for example.  However, it would still run perfectly well on normal cheaper stuff but I might notice a small loss in power as ecu adjusted.  I chose that map as i tend to use Tesco momentum fuel anyway that is 99 ron.  

I will report back accordingly with MPG figures, but I suspect I will be getting far better than I did before.  All things considered I am a happy bunny.  The irony is if i had wanted a 105hp engine it would have cost me a whopping £4K extra at the time, (had discount/offer on the 85 engine at the time).  My car is certainly a keeper now, and even the other half commented how it is a better drive. :clap:

Only disappointment  was the place where it was fitted did not have a dyno so no chart of before and after (dealer not allowed one due to close proximity to houses) but I am happy.  It is obvious a great improvement. 

Edited by Trotts
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cool keep us posted on mpg

Looking at doing this aswell

First FULL tank brim to empty and to brim.  Worked it out and 43.3 MPG.  Mixture motorway and normal pottering.  (computer said done more, it lies !)  Either way, that is better than ever got before on same driving, just about get near 40.

remap has made it better, certainly no issue.

Out of interest IF you do it take all your keys in at same time to be recoded as well. I had to go back in with spares and bit of messing around. Very pleased.