Replacement piano black exterior door trim

Nathanio

Storm Frank took a casualty last night; my drivers door exterior trim by the window! Wind grabbed the door from my hand and slammed into the side wall of the house. Thankfully the plastic took the brunt and broke leaving the rest of the door in good nick.

Anyone know part number and whether it is a DIY fix?

23972533162_0bd5175d1b_b.jpg

23972536192_fa3c0686cf_b.jpg

Edited by Nathanio

I'm interested in this too - I have some cracking on this trim on the back door thanks to being hit by an egg probably thrown by scumbag youngsters while I was doing 120 km/h on the motorway. Some of the egg made its way around the rear window glass and into the car the impact was so strong. 

Coating it with plastidip would cover the cracks, but I'd have to do all the pillars to keep everything matched (Not much help to you though, unless you can glue the broken off parts back). Replacing the trip outright sounds like a better job, but I suspect it's glued in place.

Edited by psycholist

Hi, 

Spoken to my local dealer and there was some confusion over how this part fixes. I'm popping over on Saturday to discuss with them. 

I did have another look this evening and if you peel the window rubber back there is 3 fixing screws in there. Looks like its do-able but possibly fiddly!

• 4 weeks later...

To finish this off. 

You need 3T0 837 902 R. I used a B version which is for the rear door version on an estate. I had to modify it slightly as it had a little bit off extra plastic on the back. Two cuts with a pair of good scissors and it was ready. 

I then used a strip of this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016LCTY66?ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

To act as a filler and stop it from rattling. I only stuck one side down as it was a little difficult to have put it on and stuck it down. 

The screws are behind the window seal. Pull it towards the center of the window and they'll reveal themselves. Took me around 15 minutes.