Thinking of buying Monte Carlo 105 petrol.

As title really.

My car is a 15 plate Mk3 Octavia VRS TSI (previous a Mk1 VRS for 11 years), my wife's current car is an 03 plate 1.4 Polo FSI which is in need of changing.

we're looking at a buying a 105hp petrol Monte Carlo and after any advice as to common faults they suffer from.

CheeRS in advance

Andy.

I have the 1.2 tsi 105 in the se trim and honestly cannot say a bad word about it. My advice would be take one out for a drive and spend a bit of time in it! Any 'common faults' I've read about on here have been minor little things easily resolved, unless someone knows something I don't! You looking for manual or DSG? I have the seven speed DSG and its buttery smooth :3

Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TSIspirit

^^^^^

There are no UK Monte Carlo Fabia with DSG.

When looking at 105PS Monte Carlo be sure to check the V5 when with the seller, & check before going to see by asking,

there were Traders that had the wrong power advertised in petrols and diesels in the past.

Ah that's a shame. As goneoffskiroottoot says check the v5! My SE spec is somewhere between SE and Elegance so is hard to see 'on paper'. I believe there is a VIN lookup somewhere floating about on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've got an Elegance Estate on 105 guise. Very nice car and has been great to drive.

We went from a mk1 vRS to a C'eed 1.6 petrol and back to the Fabia. Pleased we came back in. Our car had 77k on the clock when we got it and now 84k (since April).

Elegance includes heated front seats, MFSW, cruise, two bulb headlights, swing radio, electric front windows, electric mirrors and 16" alloys. Ours also have curve projector lights that steer into the corner. A bit like the AFS module in later octavias and superbs. I think this is well worth a search out.

Averages around 38-40 around town and 48mpg on a run fully loaded up. Much nicer steer than the C'eed and far more economical. The 105 is keen to rev and once in second and more than 2500rpm really picks up pace for a small engine. Happily use ours on the motorway runs to the folks with me (6ft), wife, 5yo and 2yo. Estate has a nice sized boot and can swallow a weekends stuff.

Ours had Jinyu and Evergreen Tyres on when we bought it. After 6000miles I'd had enough and swapped to Falkens all around despite 6mm of tread remaining. Turned car from nervous to sure footed and nuetral handling. Noise levels reduced significantly. You can now hold a conversation in the car without shouting.

I added Bluetooth to ours for around £35 as already had a module. Easy to fit. Someone here kindly coded for me.

Very happy overall and I really enjoy driving it. A good step on from our mk1

The Monte Carlo black pack lights are shocking, upgrading with standard bulbs does very little, a lot of owners tend to upgrade to HID

there was an issue with some of the cars pulling to the left I think it was, I believe that was down largely due to the tyres fitted on the line

There was also a steering creak problem, rectified by changing the track rod ends under warranty.

If you are buying new then these issues should be gone now. The 105tsi is an excellent little engine, pulls well through the Rev range and is comfortable to drive, saying that the 17s give a bit of a lumpy ride. Fuel consumption was fair. The tech edition was good value.mtje later models came with ASC/TC which could be turned on and off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies all.

So the Monte seems to be a viable option with the exception of poor headlights, or for a bit more comfort and toys go with the elegance.

The monte is, in my opinion the better looking of the two variants you are considering. The body kit, privacy glass and bigger wheels look great. Inside, the seats are more hugging and the red stitching on the wheel, gear stick and handbrake lifted the cabin.

I went with my heart when I bought the monte, my inner boy racer took over and went for style over function. If you like more toys than style I would go for the elegance. I had the Amundsen+ and Bluetooth which worked well. The spec list Nathanio quotes is probably everything I would have added to the monte to make it near perfect.unfortunately you can't have both. I did get the dealer to retro fit cruise which when compared to other brands is pretty basic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk