Quick help xenon Light low

I didnt setup my lights with VCDS and everything is working like it should...under the bonnet are two adjusting screws upper screw for up/down,to raise the beam turn the upper screw anticlock and to lower clockwuse...lower adjustmentscrew is for side to side adjustment...

I didnt setup my lights with VCDS and everything is working like it should...under the bonnet are two adjusting screws upper screw for up/down,to raise the beam turn the upper screw anticlock and to lower clockwuse...lower adjustmentscrew is for side to side adjustment...

What will happen is the control unit will just move them back to the base position they were in to start with. The lamps will then wave up and down distracting other drivers. Worse case if the original position is far enough out the motors will keep going until they break.

• Like 1

They don't have a basic setting. So they don't know what to return too. The motors are constantly working backwards and forwards.

If it wasn't required Skoda (and VAG) wouldn't bother to create test plans in VAS/ODIS to do it. Nor train you how to do it correctly on the PDi course.

Even Ross-tech list the instructions how to do it with VCDS.

My headlights are now perfect and correct position (at least I hope so) and they stay at this level when the car is loaded or when I drive over the bumps...now if I run basic setup with vcds then I have to adjust the lights again...probably there is no factory settings I can run and everything is ok or is there?

Vw golf forum suggests couple of adjustment for Golf...one was basic setting just on/off/next button and thats it....and one was to set value to 00 or can I understand right,to set ZERO point...does these adjustments with VCDS ruin my current headlight horizontal and vertical positions?

Edited by fuzzz

If your headlights are at the right height then run basic settings channel 01 and wait, it then tells you to adjust. Double check they are ok, the select channel 02 to save the settings.

Does this basic settings ruins my current headlight height and vertical position or not?

I adjusted mine without computer and although they held the same setting they did not self adjust until I did it properly using my delphi diagnostic. Now they raise and lower as I'm driving to suit the road.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I adjusted mine without computer and although they held the same setting they did not self adjust until I did it properly using my delphi diagnostic. Now they raise and lower as I'm driving to suit the road.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mine do self diagnostic up/down and side to side as I start car...damn this is a hard thing to understand...they bend they held the adjusted position just like any other xenon....

Anyone know if this tool can be used?

http://www.autelscanner.com/products/Autel-MaxiScan-VAG405_752.html

(a friend had one, does not know if it can handle this adjustment)

I just lowered mine just by 30mm all round

MOT station said headlights were fine height wise, but I am not 100% convinced yet

BUT the way you are meant do it is:

Park car where you want to adjust the headlight (MOT place with beam height tool jig thing or car park etc

Go into VCDS to xenon range

Basic setting and GO!

Adjust headlight to the level you need

Then press done, that saves the home position

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/xenonalignment.html

Thats how my superb does it too  :D

Edited by Turkeythighs

I just lowered mine just by 30mm all round

MOT station said headlights were fine height wise, but I am not 100% convinced yet

BUT the way you are meant do it is:

Park car where you want to adjust the headlight (MOT place with beam height tool jig thing or car park etc

Go into VCDS to xenon range

Basic setting and GO!

Adjust headlight to the level you need

Then press done, that saves the home position

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/xenonalignment.html

Thats how my superb does it too  :D

Does this vcds method adjust only beam height or does it mess up the side to side settings aswell...if only up/down setting is involved then I'll do correct setup with vcds cause my friebd has it....

Does this vcds method adjust only beam height or does it mess up the side to side settings aswell...if only up/down setting is involved then I'll do correct setup with vcds cause my friebd has it....

it does not adjust it physically

you open the VCDS setting as I said

adjust the screw/allens

then close it

it save the adjusted value as the new reference point

Side to side will be as before but at a new level you make them at :sun:

it does not adjust it physically

you open the VCDS setting as I said

adjust the screw/allens

then close it

it save the adjusted value as the new reference point

Side to side will be as before but at a new level you make them at :sun:

Beam patterns are ok at the moment...now if I open the vcds setting do I have to adjust them anyway or just leave as they are and save the value?

Sorry this is a new thing for me and I want to be sure that I don't do anything wrong and broke anything... :(

Beam patterns are ok at the moment...now if I open the vcds setting do I have to adjust them anyway or just leave as they are and save the value?

Sorry this is a new thing for me and I want to be sure that I don't do anything wrong and broke anything... :(

Yes open it on VCDS

adjust the headlight to the desired height then click ok

procedure ad link is post 19 above