Creaking sound

I have a Skoda Superb Combi 2010 and when driving on uneven ground and especially over speed bumps there is a creaking sound like so in the suspension of the car seems to be both backward and forward . The sound is clearer now that it's getting colder . Anyone who recognizes this problem and possibly know a solution ?

I did have a brief creak in mine (2010 Cpmbi) that tuned out to be the rear luggage cover not seated properly. I fully extended the pull-out cover and then released it back again. All good.

I know some on here have experienced creaking suspension issues (poor seated coil springs, suspension mounts, worn or hardened bushes...).and a search will show up some of those threads. Good luck with it and I hope it's nothing too serious.

Dave

Hi 

I have a had a horrible creaking in my Combi L&K for months, it's drove me mad because the cabin is so quiet and I spent most of my journey time just waiting for the creak.. I was sure it was from inside the care and not a suspension issue. I tried the following:

Seat back & door catch lubrication with proper white VAG grease.

Adjusted (With a hammer blow) the rear seat latch brackets.

Removed the load space retractable cover.

Re-torqued the load space retaining rail fixings, they were all very loose.

Spare wheel checked for security.

Adjusted rear tailgate latch & rubber buffers on body.

Removed all tailgate trim checked for loose clips & wiring etc and lubricated lock mechanism behind plastic cover.

Sprayed lubricant between plastic trim in load area as an experiment . Plus a lot more I think I have forgotten about !

Solution = Grease the whole of the pan roof sliding mechanism and glass roof brackets with VAG grease, I used the door paste but they do a special grease for the roof. It took a while and I used a small wooden stick you get in an ice cream to get the grease paste into rails. Result = total silence

Hope this helps.

Mine does this too.

Where are the anti-roll bar bushes, anyone got a picture so I know what to look out for?

The anti roll bar links one side of the suspension to the other via drop links. They are underneath the car and the rear one should be easy to spot if you get the car on a ramp or axle stands.

It is supported as it goes from one side to the other by 2 brackets, each with a rubber bush inside that allows the bar to turn as the suspension goes up and down together and this is what can cause a creaking sound as they age

• Like 1