need advice on traction.spinning all the time

• 2 weeks later...

upgrades:

1. driver

2. driver

3. driver

4. driver

5. driver

6. sport suspension (I always love heavily tuned idiots who can't stay on road in turns - motorsport rule says suspension must be quicker than engine)

7. tyres

7. LSD (Limited Slip Diff) - a must for cars over 200BHP

• Like 1

upgrades:

7. LSD (Limited Slip Diff) - a must for cars over 200BHP

I wouldn't say so. It's a nice to have. I have 282bhp and it just takes a disciplined right foot. If I go to 300+ then I'll be buying a Quaife

• Like 1

I wouldn't say so. It's a nice to have. I have 282bhp and it just takes a disciplined right foot. If I go to 300+ then I'll be buying a Quaife

If you have seemngly everything under control - YOU DON'T DRIVE FAST ENOUGH ;-)

HP is pointless figure. I would say anything over 400Nm

While, you're right about balancing car. My question is what is point to have 280PS if you can use only 10% of it ;-)

Despite, years of karting and practicing the slip angle of tyres feeling and most important sense of balancing car. A wheel with less traction always spin and you can't do anything about it.

Dry roads are without question but try to accelerate on the limit from turn and your inner wheel will spin otherwise you don't drive on the limit.

I drive on wet roads, snowy alpine roads. LSD is must even in factory tuned 103kW Octavia. I have laser show [read ABS, ESP, ASR lights flashing all the time) on my dashboard all the times with sensitive racing foot on accelerator.

Of course, I don't speak about usual tuner's driving style. Spinning wheels for fun, no sense of balance of car and so on. Important is wings, spoilers and big exhaust.

I do use all of it on a regular basis. I won't elaborate further. The Internet and plenty of users here never forget.

“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ~ Mario Andretti

That's your problem guys, not mine - don't kill the messenger if you have no capacity to understand.