Brighter interior bulbs needed

Hello

Have decided the interior bulbs, especially in the back, are too dull. Plan to swap them out for something brighter.

Am I right in thinking the interior light bulbs are just w505's?

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chrisgreen

Mixture of festoon and w5w capless type. I've replaced all interior / boot and glovebox bulbs with LEDs. I'll post up some links / pictures tomorrow.

Already have the excellent SuperSkoda LED boot light fitted in the trunk. Not necessarily looking to go LED in the cabin, that level of brightness might be overkill.

Already have the excellent SuperSkoda LED boot light fitted in the trunk. Not necessarily looking to go LED in the cabin, that level of brightness might be overkill.

Indeed - I went for x2 W5W LEDs in the front, along with an led festoon. I seem to recall x2 led C5W festoons in the back (as per rider XXL). I also used 2 further W5W LEDs in the boot and glovebox.

I have the Eurocarparts W5W's in the number plate lights and sidelights, but used the cheaper Amazon option for the interior, more seldom used lights. I used these:http://www.amazon.co.uk/SIDELIGHT-INTERIOR-LICENCE-CORNERING-HEADLIGHT/dp/B00JUZ42R8/ref=pd_sim_263_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51R3N5c2vdL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=183N62JQNSE49NX45YXS

Edited by pinkpanther

This is the light / LED arrangement in the front: 

image_zpsan6wzp0f.jpeg

image_zpsrhi71sly.jpeg

I'll post up a photo of the rear light cluster ASAP.

I used x2 of these in the rear light cluster: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SP06H04?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00. I realised I didn't specifically need "canbus no error" bulbs, but these were the only ones I could locate at the time.

Edited by pinkpanther
  • Like 2

Very useful PinkPanther, thanks for sharing.

I also need to add some headlight bulbs to the shopping list as one of my Phillips dipped beams blew last night. Most annoying.

Very useful PinkPanther, thanks for sharing.

I also need to add some headlight bulbs to the shopping list as one of my Phillips dipped beams blew last night. Most annoying.

Interestingly Philips quote a predicted lifespan which is approximately double that of the Osram Nightbreakers. However "in the real world" my Osram lasted 10 months, whereas your Philips bulb lasted just 30 extra days!

I do miss the brightness of the Osrams though and will more than likely buy another set, as the H7's remain fairly cheap on Amazon / Eurocarparts (£14.99).

Well - replaced the failed H7 Philips bulb with a cheepy 50% extra brightness bulb from Lidl - do you know I can't tell the difference brightness-wise.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.