Rear Suspension uplift

My 2012 Scout sags at the rear when loaded. This wipes out the advantage of raised ride height. I want to keep it level under load so that ground clearance is preserved.

What is the best uplift kit and where can I get it?

Cheers,

John

I had 2 sets of MAD-springs on my Fabia, the first broke after 4 years. The mechanic said he had changed several sets of the blue MAD-springs, so I went for Lesjöfors this time.

The blue MAD springs required paperwork to get through the equivalent of MOT, the black Lesjöfors springs won't catch the MOT inspectors' attention.

They're cheaper as well.

Edited by Tranberg

Take HD springs from Lesjöfors and Sachs shocks for the rear axle of a Scout with tow bar. They´re stronger as the Skoda ones and allow more load without sagging

Edited by 0ctavist

I've had the MAD springs on my pre-FL scout for the last few years and 130000 miles.  Have done a good job of keeping the car level with all of my kit in it (boot is full of fluids/medicines/miscelaneous vet stuff) and 90% of my miles are on lumpy country roads and farm tracks so the springs have been put under a fair bit of abuse.

Car has just about reached the end of its life (220k miles, turbo/CV joint/misc suspension probs that don't make financial sense to fix) but i'll be salvaging the springs to go onto the next scout.

Have had MAD helper springs for last 4 years or so and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Never had issues re. MoT and my dealer was happy to fit them provided I supplied them.

Loaded rear to roof, plus roof box plus single bike on roof plus 3 bikes on tow ball mounted carrier to go to Center Parcs back in October and the car handled it superbly. (Unlike the pre-MAD springs trip To Sweden with a similar load when I nearly lost the entire back end driving off the ferry ramp. I still wince when I think about it).

The suspension on the 4x4 is the same as the Scout.

• 2 weeks later...