Launch Control

Not sure I want to know how to... as mine is just FWD it will light up the front tyres easily whilst rolling, let alone from a standing start!

I had a bit of scrabble off the line ... Not something I'll be doing again I don't think... Car sympathy and that.... Fun though !

I had a bit of scrabble off the line ... Not something I'll be doing again I don't think... Car sympathy and that.... Fun though !

Since mine is only FWD, scrabble is not unknown............

Do you have a acceleration / performance app for your phone?

If so, you might want to try again!

Cheers, DC.

Since mine is only FWD, scrabble is not unknown............

Do you have a acceleration / performance app for your phone?

If so, you might want to try again!

Cheers, DC.

Good idea :-) ... OK so I may have to have 2 or 3 goes !

• Like 2

My neighbour has this on his BMW M5. Only used it once as it broke one of the engine mounts!

Ahh... ! That's not good ! Just shows that Skodas are much better made than BMW ;-)

• Like 1

What do you have to do to engage launch control?

Stop. Into Sport mode. Traction control off. Left foot on brake. Right foot full in throttle. Left foot off brake.

Just had another go up to 70 with my little 'un. She loved it :-)

• Like 1

I've found on my car that it doesn't have launch control but I can get it to do a kind of launch control in sport.

If I just set off normally in D or S and floor it then it changes gear normally (up to red line and quickly into the next gear). However if I engage sport mode, hold the brake with my left foot then apply a bit of pressure on the throttle before letting go of the brake it goes mental. I also have to push the throttle all the way to engage the kick down switch. If I don't do that it doesn't do it.

It's hard to describe but the gear changes are much more aggressive and faster. Almost like its engaging the next gear before its disengaged the previous. It also surges on each shift like doing a flat shift in a manual (keeping foot on throttle through the change).

Would be interesting to see if other DSGs do this especially those without launch control.