Well that's torn it - RRP not puddle proof......

So, out and about today and there's LOTS of relatively deep standing water puddles on the road. Didn't tip toe through them and now the passenger side RRP panels are missing. Dreading the thought of how much a replacement will be from a Dealer!....

Anyone know so I don't keel over when they tell me! Bit miffed as I'd have expected them to be a bit more resilient.

Edited by Niall

Rough road package?

Ah. Yep. That'll be it. Surely there's the possibility of a claim there? Has the car been recently serviced and not the guard not secured properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blasting through lots of puddles......

Point made but nevertheless, you wouldn't expect that, makes you wonder if it was securely installed in the first place.

Sounds like it was loose or broken to start with - I have RRP on my Mk2 Octy 4x4 and it's survived lots of abuse over the last 8.5 years including deep puddles and being dragged through snow and mud...

I daresay there's always the argument that I could have gone slower.

I think the water managed to get in over the top and do its damage. It looks like the fixings are still there and attached to the car, just the panel ripped off. It makes sense to have a designed failure point, but again, designing it in a way so that water can't get jetted in over the top would be better!

​ Skomaz - agree, never had this problem with my Mk2 Scout and didn't drive any differently, I guess the panels fitted together differently.

I have all the panels, including ones which fit but are not options for our cars & believe me they go on secure..................70mph (ish ...cough) swimming pool conditions for 760miles a few weeks back & all ok

Unless you were driving like a idiot (sorry another thread)..............or they were not fitted correctly...............

EDIT, just realised you are probably talking about the "side skirts/wheel arch brows" which are visible from the side where as I was talking about the undertrays which are only visible when under the car.............

Edited by fabdavrav

Difficult one! As everyone says they've not had a problem with there's. Mine included in difficult conditions. Nothing to say yours couldn't be the first, but just try looking at it from the dealers point of view and you were stood behind the counter and not in front! What would you do? What do you want them to do about it realistically?

As I say you think your doing nothing different to other times you've driven the car and the dealer assumes everything fitted correctly. It's a good one for discussion this one!

Have you had the opportunity to get the car on ramps and have a proper look/take photographs? There is every possibility that something on yours is a defective 'one off'.

My DMF was goosed from delivery. I currently have one headlight that blows bulbs (at least 5), replacing the bulbs is a nightmare and the retaining nut has seized twice, yet the other headlight operates perfectly.

£27 for the bits, £37 fitting, will be sorted on Friday. Can't argue with that and was expecting worse.

Looks like the undertrays themselves are standard fitment on all Octavia's (which obviously helps keep the price down).

Will see how the new ones hold up, and maybe slow down a bit more for puddles........