Can Columbus Be Set To Switch Off With Igniton?

When listening to music and using the nav system etc. during driving, once parked up and switching off the engine / ignition the multimedia unit stays active until I open the drivers door. Is it possible to have it switch off when the ignotion is switched off?

It's not that big a deal but I do like the message 'don't forget your phone' on the display when it shuts down. However, as it only shuts down when I am opening the driver door I am already getting out of the car and not looking at the screen.

Edited by l4wrence

The manual suggests only one press should turn off both engine and ignition:

Stop
› Stop the vehicle » page 134, Parking.
› Press the button » Fig. 162 on page 128 briefly.

The engine and the ignition are switched off simultaneously.

Emergency shut-down
If necessary and in exceptional cases, the engine may even be turned off while driving.
› Press the starter button » Fig. 162 on page 128 for longer than 1 second or twice within 1 second.

After the emergency stop of the engine, the steering lock will remain unlocked.

CAUTION
Do not switch the engine off immediately at the end of your journey after the engine has been operated over a prolonged period at high loads but leave it to run at an idling speed for about 1 minute. This prevents any possible accumulation of heat when the engine is switched off.

Note
After switching off the ignition, the radiator fan may intermittently continue to operate for approx. 10 minutes.

Maybe, you'd have to have a poke around the infotainment system using VCDS in coding or adaptations.  You're looking for references to Terminal 15 (this is how the car refers to switched ignition power) versus Terminal 30 which is always-on power.

Yes, I think a VCDS adaptation would be the only way. The manual specifically states that the Columbus unit switches off for key operated ignition when the key is removed but for KESSY only when the drivers door is opened. Not sure for what reason why it is different between the two but there you go!

When you have a key, you can leave the unit on without the engine running by leaving the key in the ignition. With KESSY you can't do that, so they've made it turn it off when you open the door instead. If it goes off when you turn the ignition off, with KESSY you'd have to turn it back on to sit and listen to anything without the engine running.

It works this way with my Octavia, and personally i like it.