Rumble - feels like going over rumble strip or ribs in the road

Hi, sorry if this have already been posted.

I have a very bad problem (which seems to be getting worse), which causes the car to feel like i am constantly running oiver ribs in the road or rumble strips. It get worse with speed, initially only started to notice it at 50+mph but today have started to notice it from 30+mph. It gets louder and frequency (of bumps/vibrations) increase with speed.

I believe these symptoms have only started to occur since i hit a rather large pothole at high speed (50+mph), and get worse possibly with the speed bumps i have to go over daily, due to the road down my street. 

Firstly I assumed it was my tire pressure, so I have put them all to specification pressure and the problem still persists.

Also Today my steering wheel started to servely wiggle and steer towards the left had curb (more so than it should), so now I assumed it was something to do with suspension or tracking, Hoping it has not got anything to do with transmission, as this could be very costly!

Please post what you would think the problem is! And appoximate Costs

I will be seeking to claim back from local coucil/highway due to pothole and speed bumps.

Thanks in advance

You need to get on with someone checking your suspension, & steering, and like soon,  Not a Tyre and exhaust centre, you need a mechanic.

but also ASAP check the inside Sidewall of the tyres and see if one has a bulge (weakened) do not take risks.

You can not claim for speed bumps, you are supposed to slow down.

You can claim for Potholes if they have been reported or the responsible authority is aware, has not acted to repair in a timely way etc.  Plenty web sites on Potholes advice on what to do about claims.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

Thanks for the advice guys!

One of the fronts had damage to the inner side wall, which was the worst the mechanic had seen... he said i was lucky not to have had a blow out... (i will upload a photo if he sends me it, i saw it on his phone).

Also my new front tyres have rectified the problem which i am pleased with, however they look alittle flat, is that just due to new tyres or could it be possible that there is a crack of the alloy, if so how would I tell, and i assume the mechanic would have picked up on this f this is the case?

Thanks

Max.

• Like 1

I havent checked, but the pressure light came on the dash, but didnt think much of it and reset it. then woke up this morning and one of the tyres was flat as a pancake, so got it pumped up to the right pressure, on the way back from work this morning the light has come on again, possibly for the other side...

Turns out one of the alloys had a crack, so i was faced with a decision to get a replacement alloy for £180 or get a new set for ~£400, so I have decided to go for the new set and keep the other spares possibly for a full size spare wheel. if anyone was wondering, I went for these as they are relatively cheap and assumable fit my tyres http://www.rtecshop.com/shop/?dispatch=index.packages&find=wheels_tyres&make=178&chassis=2515&rim=17&wheel=Y770J-PYBA0140%2B