How to remove exhaust trims Octavia vrs

Hi,

Just wondered if there was a guide on how to remove the chrome trim on the exhaust?

Mine is a tdi version but unsure whether that makes a difference with one being a fake exhaust!

Going to send them to the powder coaters to get done black :)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I believe there are a couple of Torx or maybe Philips screws holding them on, you will need to clamber underneath but I don't believe they are at all tricky to remove.

Post a pic when you get them back, I have been pondering same. :)

Edited by Mence
  • Like 1

I have been thinking the exact same thing today & was wondering how you get them off too ;) cheers for the info, I was thinking to get the tips done in that sort of petrol look, where it's like blue, purple & gold but don't know the name for that kind of paint colour/effect

Think it's called burnt tip but I'm sure there is another name for this type of effect, but now actually thinking about it! Don't think it will suit the VRS tail-pipes, due to the shape & logical thinking, it might be too boy racer lol which is what I don't want

Edited by BATVANVRS

I've done it. Its possible, there are only 4 torx screws holding each trim on, each side. On a diesel the fake exhaust tip is easier because there isn't the silencer in the way. I had to hold the bumper away from the silencer to get a screwdriver in to do it. Prepare for a few cuts too!

I'll see if I can find my posts now.

Edit:

Found a pic or two, see here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/372903-octavia-vrs-black-exhaust-tips/?p=4390530

Edited by meb90

I assume you can't add chrome exhaust tips to my Elegance that doesn't have them?

I believe so, the bumper is different on a VRS.

It's a great deal easer on the dummy side without the exhaust being in the way!! I did mine last year to also get them power coated gloss black. They were refitted by my "tame" dealer, when they fitted my new twin outlet exhaust!! So the divers side is no longer a dummy. (They also fitted a new gloss black valance)

Steve

Sorry guys.

I have posted some pics of it being completed. Do a search on "dummy exhausts" and you should find my update, and the info.

Steve

Hi,

Still not got round to removing the trims to tackle getting them powder coated!

The real exhaust on the left looks tricky yet achieveble to remove.

The fake exhaust trim on the right looks almost impossible to get to the torx screws holding it on!

There is a trim under the car which blocks the access...

Any one got any photos of how to access this or if any trim needs to be removed to access the removal of the exhaust tips easier?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I can't remember where the fixings are, but the trim on the right hand side of the car that covers where the silencer is on the petrol models needs to be removed to get at the fixings for the fake exhaust trim. It wasn't too hard to remove if memory serves me right.

The trim for the real exhaust is more difficult to get to, I had to forcibly hold the bumper out of the way a little to get my hand it with a screwdriver. It is doable though.

Where are you located? It might be that one of us could help...

I found 3 of the torx screws were fairly easily removed, the one on top was the arsehole.  Just couldn't get a socket in very well so did it all on the **** with some brute force.  Managed it in the end after around 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Located in Leicester :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit to far for me unfortunately. I am occasionally in Notts seeing family but not for a while. You'll have done them by then!

Hi

Sorry guys, but if I (I am not in the last flash of youth!) managed to do it any one can!! It dose take a bit of fiddling, but I managed it without jacking the car up and it's been lowered!!

Steve

• Like 1

There's no differences between hatch and estate to my knowledge.

Yes you have to remove the panel. It isn't difficult though :)

• 5 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but what did you guys use to undo the bolts? a short stubby driver or something?

Its a real struggle to find something with enough grip to undo the bolts :(