Condensation on inside of headlights

A level of condensation in the lamps is acceptable, it may appear on the car when the DRL's/Xenons have been in use on a colder/damper day but should dissipate for the most part.

They are not hermetically sealed (i.e airtight) so some level of condensation is normal as its entirely impossible to prevent.

Heavy condensate/pools of water residing in the lamp cluster is not normal ans may be indicative of a blown seal or lamp cover not being properly closed.

Nice one thanks,you re spot on as there does seem a noticable difference when the xenons have been on plus the manchester weather wont help as its always damp!!!! Cheers

No probs. My Bi-xenons on my current and previous Mk7 GTD do exactly this so its definitely a common thing.

My headlights have had condensation on and off for the past 18 months + without issue until recently when the condensation started again I then started getting an Automatic Headlight Control Error on the dash. Dealer said there was no fault or issue initially but have now been called and told that the headlights are being replaced!

SWMBOs Leon did this quite badly the first week we had it, but I put it down to the fact it had been on the forecourt for the last 3 months in very damp conditions, and sure enough after a couple of weeks of regular use, it seems to be reducing. I understand the Leon is also more prone to this as the LEDs don't get as hot as Xenons.

Nice one thanks,you re spot on as there does seem a noticable difference when the xenons have been on plus the manchester weather wont help as its always damp!!!! Cheers

Strange, as I have had 2 O3's now with Xenons and never noticed condensation over the last 2 1/2 years.

It rains more here than down on the Manchester plain as well.

Might be down to the fact that my journeys are all measured in hours, so it probably gives the lights plenty of time to 'dry' out.