Calling all ASG owners!

RickW

2012 citigo with ASG box 18500 miles going strong and no problems. Now being driven permanently by my 85 yo mother.

Perfect for her as she's got poor knee (no clutch work) and brilliant around town.

I'm happy she's happy everything good

Seat Mii ASG now coming up to 3 years old and 30,000 miles. ASG is very different to the CVT in my Audi A6 but changing driving style to suit there's no problem apart from very occasionally being a bit slow to engage between gears after slowing down and then accelerating again. The gearbox seems to have got better the more miles the car has done, or it's a combination of that and familiarity.

Edited by MiiMii

It's no where near as bad as some people have been making out in my opinion.

If you want a racing car don't buy one;if you're a patient easy going driver you may well enjoy it and benefit from the great mpg too.

So glad your wife is happy with the citigo. Does yours have cruise control? Andy.

No it doesn't,it would have been part of the convenience pack along with parking sensors but I persuaded her against it and she's not mentioned it since.

She's even turned down the variable boot floor which I offered to retro fit.

As I said,she's very happy!

Glad to hear she is so happy. Once you have heated seats you can't live without them and I think she will be surprised at the fuel economy. One nice thing is that on the PID you can press the options button and 'show map' on the sat nav screen to let it show the road ahead for speed limits (without setting a route) and if the little traffic jam icon pops up you can just press it to be warned of nearby jams (en-route if you program a route of course). If you then click menu and go to fuel consumption etc it will still be there when you revert to sat nav. We find it useful as a short cut on the motorway can be anything but if you get stuck. Thanks for the update and I look forward to hearing more about how she (and you) find the car and ASG. Andy.

Glad to hear she is so happy. Once you have heated seats you can't live without them and I think she will be surprised at the fuel economy. One nice thing is that on the PID you can press the options button and 'show map' on the sat nav screen to let it show the road ahead for speed limits (without setting a route) and if the little traffic jam icon pops up you can just press it to be warned of nearby jams (en-route if you program a route of course). If you then click menu and go to fuel consumption etc it will still be there when you revert to sat nav. We find it useful as a short cut on the motorway can be anything but if you get stuck. Thanks for the update and I look forward to hearing more about how she (and you) find the car and ASG. Andy.

Thanks for the heads up re the satnav Andy,we still need to learn stuff.

She's a bit reluctant to use the phone option yet but I don't want to tech her out too much. She'll get round to it in good time.

The thing she seems to like most is her music on the micro sd card!

Edited by RickW

Glad to hear that Rick. Do you have a recommendation about what program to use to get music from CDs to the sd card? The phone was easy to synch and then just works - it recognises your phonebook and a button comes up when it rings, you press it, it mutes the music and you just speak hands-free. But I did go into settings on the sat nav to stop it using the phone for live updates and using my phone data - it just uses RDS for the traffic updates.

Glad to hear that Rick. Do you have a recommendation about what program to use to get music from CDs to the sd card? The phone was easy to synch and then just works - it recognises your phonebook and a button comes up when it rings, you press it, it mutes the music and you just speak hands-free. But I did go into settings on the sat nav to stop it using the phone for live updates and using my phone data - it just uses RDS for the traffic updates.

I've got Windows media player and have an SD card slot on my PC. I use a micro SD adaptor,place it in the slot and send music to it via sync on WMP.

I've now used the phone in the car but for some reason she doesn't want to just yet.I think she sees it as a bit of a distraction whilst she gets used to the car.

The PID has quite a few functions and it's easy to fiddle with it whilst driving which interferes with concentration. It's best to learn all functions when stationary to become familiar with it,especially the satnav.

• Like 1

I tend to have the PID on the fuel computer screen, it encourages me to try harder!! 

Good idea! :angel:

Yes, me too - unless I am going somewhere new. But if the road is less familiar I probably use the sat nav 'view map' screen more for speed limit reminders and just flick to the car screen. If I am actually navigating using sat nav, it it useful that you can watch the fuel consumption screen but the voice will still alert you that a motorway junction is near so you can switch back. I find it pretty useful and easy to use. Particularly with the phone function to read out texts.

Particularly with the phone function to read out texts.

I've obviously missed something, I get texts pop up on the screen and have the option to call back or something else, but it doesn't read them to me.

Sorry, I am afraid I am not very 'techy' buy when I have been driving with the phone switched on, if a text arrives the PID screen comes up with a button to 'read text' and it just reads it out loud. It also means I can answer a call in the car.