OneFourSevenNine

Project, Not quite sure where this is going...

Thought I'd start my project thread, will be a few small 'same old mods' to start but I have plans for this small car (and several items already ordered), really does remind me of my first car back in the day (Mini 1000) :)

So, this is a start picture...

post-139018-0-45426500-1454254536_thumb.jpg

Edited by OneFourSevenNine
  • Like 1

After a discussion with my local dealer on the rights/wrongs/possible warranty issues, KW coilovers ordered today :)

Lets hope some parts ordered from Germany start arriving soon...

• Like 1

Slight change of plan, my contact for the coilovers cant get them at present and I'm not paying full price lol

So...Eibach Pro Kit ordered and will be with me Tuesday, I will be a busy boy next weekend :clap:

• Like 1

First of the German parts has arrived.

F3267234-4D0A-4C96-A335-57C57C9C1BBB_zps

From an Up!? Looks like same as mine

Also, I can pm you later on how to remove old handbrake cover if you like

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hyphons

Haha, Fitted, That was a pig of a job :x

369FD354-9B8E-403D-9384-B95526AC5D45_zps

Edit: Yes from an Up!

Still looking for a leather Skoda gear knob, I have only found Up! ones at present, really wanted a Skoda one if possible.

• Like 1

So, no actual done update, as I'm away working.

But, I have been informed I have 3 boxes from Germany and some springs arrived for when I get home at the weekend. :clap:

Oh, and I started the Private Plate from retention process...

• Like 1

Achieved nothing in the last month, apart from collecting parts. Work seems to be getting in the way :x

Oh, did finally swap the retention plate over though.

• Like 1

Now I'm driving a little more spritely, its showing up the fact those springs are way too soft, Note to self, really must find time next week to swap them out with the Eibach's!

• Like 2

So, after 7 months, its time for an update.

Car went back to the dealers as it developed some faults whilst I was 'Being a Hero in WA' more of that in another thread! LOL

New clutch fitted, new Pedal box, New Head unit and Ariel and several 'bits' turned on, most likely to keep me happy, Auto locking, Cornering lights, tear wipe etc.

Anyway, Fast forward a week and, Celtic remap has been done (massive difference in drivability noticed straight away) new custom exhaust measured up and ordered.

I plan to fit the Eibach Pro Spring Kit I ordered in February in 2 weeks when I'm off work, I'm also looking at an injector upgrade and a new air box idea we have after a good VAG friend mentioned something.

There will be more info over the coming weeks, I may just be starting a new thread with all the pics and information as half of these have disappeared.

• Like 1

A good friend who has been making my custom bike exhausts for years has ventured into cars recently, so he will be doing it.

Yeah, I was going 2.5, back box is probably going to be hidden as i plan to keep as close to OEM looking as possible at this point, hence no coil overs.

That will probably all change though knowing me  :D

A good friend who has been making my custom bike exhausts for years has ventured into cars recently, so he will be doing it.

Yeah, I was going 2.5, back box is probably going to be hidden as i plan to keep as close to OEM looking as possible at this point, hence no coil overs.

That will probably all change though knowing me :D

There isn't a backbox to hide :p it's one silencer and one cat, take the filter box off and have a look behind the engine and you'll see it, you'll also notice with a cat change that the engine is a heck of a lot cooler :)

I meant the rear pipe  :p That will probably be hidden on this first version at least.

He's got a great idea for a twin rear exit... I like the idea, I like the drawing he did, its more than likely going to be added at some point as the development goes forward.

I'm taking a Marginal gains attitude with this at the moment, I want to see whats possible on a sensible budget without making it look like I ram raided Halfords! 

I meant the rear pipe :p That will probably be hidden on this first version at least.

He's got a great idea for a twin rear exit... I like the idea, I like the drawing he did, its more than likely going to be added at some point as the development goes forward.

I'm taking a Marginal gains attitude with this at the moment, I want to see whats possible on a sensible budget without making it look like I ram raided Halfords!

Anythings possible :p I'm on a rolling road on the 29th so will see how much hp it's gained since last year, I'm hoping somewhere between 80 and 85

A twin exit is possible, but I think would be a waste.. it's just my opinion and it would look cool, but it just means that the gas has got more distance to travel and not being pushed out as fast, you really want as straight a pipe as possible with no real bends to get as much power as you can from it :)