Interior light not turning on when doors open?

Bellaa

I've had this problem ever since I bought the car, but It's really starting to bug me now, the light works when I switch it to 'on', but when I switch it to turn on when the doors are open, nothing happens. 

Can anybody advise me on what could possibly be the problem? 

Thanks.

No, I mean, I don't know if that's anything to do with the fact that it's a 1.4MPi?

No, that's nothing to do with it.

Does the lights-on warning bleep sound when you open the drivers door with your sidelights/headlights turned on?

No, that's nothing to do with it.

Does the lights-on warning bleep sound when you open the drivers door with your sidelights/headlights turned on?

No, nothing happens, if I open the door with the lights on, it's just silent. That, and the light doesn't turn on when the door opens.. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No, nothing happens, if I open the door with the lights on, it's just silent. That, and the light doesn't turn on when the door opens.. [emoji23]

Door lock microswitch has failed (as YellowCar said). Very common problem. http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330840-door-microswitch/

Edited by TMB

The lights on buzzer should work if your lights are on and you open the door with the keys removed.

Nope, I can assure you, nothing happens for me mate.