'Inspect' notification on dash ; Fab 2 1.2 TSI 2014

Hi,

Mrs has been saying this warning has appeared in the last few days.

Oil was changed about 6 months ago on a 12 month service schedule.

I'm guessing that the ECU has decided that the oil needs changing which is a little surprising given the time it has been in but I guess it's winter, the car is generally used for short journeys (but not always) and it errs on the side of getting a hundred quid out of the customer for an oil and filter swap.

I'd rather not "just reset it" in case the ECU records these events and it ends up being a point of contention should a warranty claim occur later on.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am guessing the Technician never reset the Service indicator to Fixed Servicing 372 days / 9,400 miles.

or on Variable Servicing and as many as 19,000 miles until a oil change. 

if they put in 5w 30 Full Synthetic Long Life Oil VW504 00.

So have the dealership sort out the technicians error.

• Like 1

If its not on Fixed servicing it doesnt matter how its been driven. Its either 12 months or 10k miles.

Theres a chance it wasnt reset when it was last serviced, unless she's done 10k of short journeys?

Id get it serviced to be on the safe side, then make sure its been reset from there. Start again, so to speak.

If you paid for a service 6 months ago, and the Workshop Employee forgot to reset the Service Indicator leaving you in doubt, 

explain to the Service Manager how you would like them to correct their error on your car, 

so a Free Oil and Filter change, or a Minor Service would be acceptable.  Their Mistake, not yours. 

In those we trust, and pay to know their job.

They are not cheap or doing you a favour, so now you have to waste time going back 6 months early for them to complete the job.

So can you check the last invoice, 

tell us what the Parts Say,  which Oil used?

Are you on a Service Plan or paying as you go along?

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

I certainly wouldn't get it serviced 6 months early. As said previously, go back to the dealers and explain what has happened to them. They should put things right for you.

Better than having it serviced 6 months late if the situation is unclear though. Is what i was thinking :):D

What bothers me is if the Technician forgets the one thing every Oil & Serviced vehicle gets done, ie resets the Service Indicator, 

then what else slipped their mind.

So if you have paid for a Service which should not require doing until another 9,400 miles (10,000) or 372 days, 

then have them do the Oil & Filter again at their expense, to be sure to be sure, incase he or she was very forgetful.

(unsupervised / unqualified)

?

How many Days are showing until the Service is due?

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply. I gave them a bell and they said that because there was no other indication, it must just be that the dash hadn't been reset. I find it surprising that they're not connected but I'm also not at the same time.

I checked the oil after we picked it up and it has looked clean do I guess they can just reset it next time I'm in, as they requested (?)

Sent from my XT1039