Cruise control surprise

I have a 2.0TDi with DSG and standard cruise control and although it doesn't brake down hills it does change down automatically to increase engine braking to minimise any risk of exceeding the set speed. My previous auto cars didn't do this and were always desperate to get into top gear at the earliest opportunity and would almost run away down steep hills.

Does it do it in eco mode as it normally goes into coasting mode with no engine braking?.

Does it do it in eco mode as it normally goes into coasting mode with no engine braking?.

With ACC it doesnt Coast at all, even in eco-mode. Im guessing its the same with CC.

I have a Honda Civic and cruise doesn't disengage if you change gear. - dip clutch, tap breaks or hit cancel on the steering wheel.

It also has a speed limiter which is useful in areas with average speed cameras.

Sounds like a crash waiting to happen!

driven 70K miles and find it works well. Why would you want the cruise to disengage if you have to change gear???  Last car dis this and it was a pure buggeration

Its great it not cancelling when changing gear once you get used to it...can sometimes result in a thumble to turn it off/cancel or hit the brakes though if youre caught unawares being the only downside.

I'm guessing that you made a mistake in your last but one post as you were in effect saying you couldn't turn the CC off - or I didn't read it right?

OK, maybe wasn't clear.

CC doesn't disengage when changing gear but does by the other methods

• Like 1

Personally I like the cc to disengage when the clutch is pressed, I would feel uneasy if it didn't. It does annoy me when getting back up to speed, maybe on the exit of a roundabout but going down the gears I'd always want it to cancel.

On a manual car has would this work though? Does it work? Do you just let the car accelerate and you change up the gears or what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk