Seat's Yeti alternative - Ateca

Dr Zoidberg

Are we to presume that the Yeti will end up a 'badge engineered' Ateca I wonder.

My interpretation of how it is being reported in the press is that it'll be 'badge engineered' like the up!/mii/citigo and MkIII Octavia/Leon.

My interpretation of how it is being reported in the press is that it'll be 'badge engineered' like the up!/mii/citigo and MkIII Octavia/Leon.

As I understand it the production line wouldn't have that much spare capacity for a basically different car.

Are we to presume that the Yeti will end up a 'badge engineered' Ateca I wonder.

As stated many times before now the Kodiaq/Kodiak is the "badge engineered" version of the Alteca. Alteca = 5 seat, Kodiaq = 7 seat.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/388907-vision-s-the-skoda-kodiak

NEITHER OF THEM ARE THE YETI II.

The Yeti will be replaced by something of the same size come 2017/18.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Saw the Ateca today and was very impressed. Looks very upmarket.

No complaints about my Yeti in the 3 years or so that I have had it but maybe

time for a change. Took a Qashqai for a test drive but everything it did was not

as good as the Yeti except my wife wants one because it doesn't look like the

hated Yeti! Not good enough reason for me to buy one.

Ateca was in the showroom for a day and I really liked it on first impressions.

The only issue may be the engine gearbox combinations available. It must be

DSG and there doesn't appear to be a decent petrol version. Would love the VW

1.5 petrol with DSG but that will be someway off. Why would anyone prefer a manual

gearbox over a 7 speed automatic on this type of car defeats me!

The colours will definitely be more interesting than the boring Skoda ones.

Will wait and see what September brings when the dealer gets his demonstrators in.

How was the interior? It looked very much like the Leon in pictures which felt like a much gloomier place than the Octavia

Loved the interior. I have a sunroof on the Yeti so a bit difficult to judge. Felt very upmarket compared to the rather drab old

fashioned Yeti. Noticed the trivial things like dampened grab handles and lights above the vanity mirrors that the Yeti doesn't have.

One thing I liked was the very comfy alcantara and cloth seats. Would much prefer that to the rather cheap black leather I have

in the Yeti. Not available on the UK spec. Black leather it is on the top end model or cloth on everything else.

Thanks. I didn't have a problem with the quality of the Leon, just that it was a lot of very dark plastic and my preference was for a lighter car which is why I have a beige interior and panoramic roof.

One thing I liked was the very comfy alcantara and cloth seats. Would much prefer that to the rather cheap black leather I have

in the Yeti. Not available on the UK spec. Black leather it is on the top end model or cloth on everything else.

Alcantara upholstery is an option on the SE and SE L models.

Alcantara upholstery is an option on the SE and SE L models.

Sorry but I am sure that is not correct.

I have the brochure here and it says comfort seats in cloth for the S and SE and sports seats in black leather for the Xcellence.

No other optiond are mentioned.

I have the brochure here and it says comfort seats in cloth for the S and SE and sports seats in black leather for the Xcellence.

have we got this the wrong way round? Yeti has option of Alacantra, I don't think the Ateca has that option at the moment.

I don't know what brochure you have there but all up to 08/2016 have that option for the SE £1840 and a no cost option on the SE L.

Edit: Also in the configurator.

post-82505-0-17926500-1470778578_thumb.jpg

Edited by Urrell

I don't know what brochure you have there but all up to 08/2016 have that option for the SE £1840 and a no cost option on the SE L.

Edit: Also in the configurator.

I am talking Ateca. There is no SE L. All my comments relate to the Ateca NOT the Yeti.

Just had close look at Ateca brochure. Not only do they not have an DSG petrol model but you only get leather with Sports Seats and it is only black leather, no option of a lighter colour or any mention of alacantra despite all the photos in the press of Ateca's with black leather seats with brown alecantra inserts! So if you don't like sports seats, and I don't, then you can only have cloth seats and you can't have the Excellence top model. Stupid or what?

Also you say "Xcellence", I take it you mean Elegance.
That model had been replaced by the SE L for over a year.
What is the date (on the bottom of the back cover and may also be on the front) of the brochure you are looking at?

Also you say "Xcellence", I take it you mean Elegance.

That model had been replaced by the SE L for over a year.

What is the date (on the bottom of the back cover and may also be on the front) of the brochure you are looking at?

I think he's already said he was talking about the SEAT not the Skoda.

Just had close look at Ateca brochure. Not only do they not have an DSG petrol model but you only get leather with Sports Seats and it is only black leather, no option of a lighter colour or any mention of alacantra despite all the photos in the press of Ateca's with black leather seats with brown alecantra inserts! So if you don't like sports seats, and I don't, then you can only have cloth seats and you can't have the Excellence top model. Stupid or what?

Exactly. Why do they send an Ateca to do a UK dealer tour and it has a non UK spec. I get that is is left hand drive and so no

problem, but why have a non available trim. Thats the one thing most people care about and notice when they get in the vehicle.

I sm bored with Skoda rather cheap black leather in my Yeti and really liked the alcantara. It appears Seat consider the pecking

order to be cloth at the bottom then alcantara then leather. Pity the leather quality is a bit naff on the Yeti.

Is the lack of DSG option down to VW supply constraints of an updated version and Skoda being at the back of the queue rather than marketing incompetence I wonder?.

Dealers must surely be frustrated too.

Is the lack of DSG option down to VW supply constraints of an updated version and Skoda being at the back of the queue rather than marketing incompetence I wonder?.

Dealers must surely be frustrated too.

Yes the dealer was surprised at so few DSG options. It really is a superb box and I have the 6 speed. Can only imagine what the

7 speed version is like. Why do manufacturers keep pushing manual boxes. I suppose there will always be people who like

fiddling about changing gears with a clutch. God knows why when some autos like the DSG are so good.

• Like 1

Why do manufacturers keep pushing manual boxes. I suppose there will always be people who like

fiddling about changing gears with a clutch. God knows why when some autos like the DSG are so good.

Sigh......it's an old, because we can make our own decisions, attitude and the last of the old frontier.

Not much else to do these days ......and not for very much longer either, I suspect.

Why do manufacturers keep pushing manual boxes. I suppose there will always be people who like

I think the DSG is supply constrained as someone in factory planning built too much manual gearbox capacity.

In the order tracker thread there are two orders from end June, one is mine with a DSG box and build week is about 3 weeks later than one with a manual box. I have seen lease quote for Audi A3 and the auto was £100 per month more. Clearly trying to discourage it as it is so popular and can't build DSG boxes fast enough

I saw the new Q2 in the metal the other day. It looks a million times better in the metal than on photos. Perfect size and an amazing interior. I'd wait before getting an Ateca to see what you can get in the Q2. Yes you might end up with a smaller engine for the same money but trust me you'll have an infinitely better looking car inside and out than the Yeti or Ateca.

The Edition 1 especially looks great in the grey and black.

audi-q2-edition-1_800x0w.jpg

audi-q2-webss-333.jpg

Mmmm! I like.

And if that's you in the picture Johann.. looking sharp!

Keep safe mate in Istanbul. When I last drove there it wasn't chaos ~ it was far worse. And this from somebody who spent time driving in Turin.