Boot carpet match - boot build

One of the next projects I've got planned is a boot build, so I'll need to match the carpet trim stuff to match the original carpet. What have other people used? Any links?

If all els fails I'll head to the scrap yard and buy the full boot floor / carpet and just remove the base from it and use that :D

• 10 months later...

Food for thought - living in a 192x-3x house, I seldom have to buy lengths of carpet for rooms,. Instead, I find that offcuts / roll ends are more than large enough . Ans there's often lots of colours/piles etc to choose from , and main advantage is PRICE. If it's not firm enough, then an idea is to back the large flat areas with carpet tiles .

Did you end up doing your boot build hutchy?

I did yeah, thought this was years ago though!

I've had 3 Fabias since this!

I just made one similar to the above tucked on the left hand side, I ended up going to the scrap yard and getting a boot carpet and sticking it on, only cost £5 and was the right stuff.

Was wondering about the carpet myself and came across this thread

How does it sound with it tucked up in the corner ?

I was going to use my original boot carpet but it's not big enough for what i need I've got black sides and Base carpet in the boot rather than the grey/black stuff

Will keep looking but I don't know what it's called Amy idea ?

Tried a few different searches but nothing came of it

Edited by Picko98