Combi roof bars *nicowalker*

There are three versions of the Wingbar Edge - with the same model number! I found the same problem when I checked mine on the Thule website and the number matched the set for my X6....only to find as you did. Too short!

I had to go out an buy a slightly different set which are the 'Mid' version.

It depends which kit you choose, the one I have is narrower as the bar fits into the foot pack rather than over...

Just put the car details into thules website to confirm.

Edited by nicowalker85

The version (Wingbar Edge) I have does not use a foot pack. It's the 9582 series. Roofracks co uk have them @ £224 complete. I spent ages trying to find the specific model and both of my sets are marked the same! In the end I just ordered from the folks above and the right length turned up.....which also fits my X6 just by pressing the ends in a bit further.

Fitted to the X6..

null_zps50c52dcd.jpg

The Wingbar that uses a foot pack is the 961 with the 775 foot pack at around £180.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

seemingly the old 755 footpack works too, just two inches higher up than the 775 pack

anyone tried it yet (I have a set of thule aerobars & 755 pack out in the shed but am too lazy to go try them :)

here is a set of wingbars secured with foot pack 757 from my old superb mark II combi

looks ok. not a great fit on the inner side of the bar, but quite snug on the outside.

I does seem to lock into place well enough, so result.

dv7vQd7.jpg?1

and looks pretty much identical to this video

Edited by tmg

hey

they are the bars and footpack from my 2012 combi

Thule Rapid System 118cm WingBars (2) no. 961 and a 757 foot pack

Ill post a few more pics in the morning
Edited by tmg

Not that felis has been bent over- just think with an x6 in his driveway he has a bit more cash floating around than I do!

Back from the days when I worked in the IT industry before the market crashed in 2008 and I got canned, and a child arrived. Can't afford £80k on a new one! The S3 is a much nicer ride anyway - although having the 306bhp/600Nm twin turbo IL6 BMW engine under its bonnet would be fantastic. That amount of torque is very addictive.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

oh and one last comment. these bars also let you open the panoramic roof. I am not sure if thats possible with wingbars or the lower 775 footpack.

thats the reason I went with these over the wingbars for my mkII

Photos of test fitting oem bars in case anyone's interested.

I've been looking at Wingbars, aero this, Whispbar that, and I've concluded i'll have another set of OEM bars. I carry heavy stuff like ladders and pipe carriers on the roof from time to time, and all of the previous sets of OEM Skoda bars have stood up to some serious punishment. 

The only trouble is the proper Skoda bars are quite pricey. The best price i've seen so far is £216.00