Lowering question

Hi guys

I'm looking to replace my springs as they are corroded and look weak.

I'm looking at these http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_2.0_2006/p/car-parts/suspension/suspension-and-steering/lowering-spring/?974780041&1&79a790ed836b3f93911d4fc791e9fe0201f89a58&000559.

Has anyone used these?

As it's only a 20mm drop would I need to upgrade the shocks? The cars 2006 with 52k. All the shocks are dry and clean.

As the VRS has already lowered springs the drop is between 10-20mm with eibachs.

I would change the shocks to Bilstein B4 sports at the minimum, however Ive just ordered the B12 kit as my car done 114k

Hopefully B12 kit fitted next Friday to ours

Reviews on here seen good, like the idea of a package designed to work together.

Got quoted a great price of Under £850 fitted Inc bearings top mounts, bump stops and laser alignment.

Well plans are shot. My insurer Elephant will not cover a drop greater than 12.5mms.As drop will be 15mms I am going to wait for renewal time in June when they will lose my custom on both our cars. What's really annoying is they agreed all of this last June and have changed their policy.

AMD Have agreed to hold the suspension for me and do the work then as I have paid a £100 deposit which is great is then add they don't know me from Adam

Edited by solwood

• 1 month later...

I thought I was this thread instead of starting a new one.

Ok my B12 kit has been delayed until the end of May, so I've been looking online and have found a H&R Cup kit for roughly the same price.

So I would like some advice whether I should wait for the B12 kit or go for the H&R kit?

Also does anyone know the part number for the Passat B5/B6 rear bumpstops?

Thanks

• Sponsor

I thought I was this thread instead of starting a new one.

Ok my B12 kit has been delayed until the end of May, so I've been looking online and have found a H&R Cup kit for roughly the same price.

So I would like some advice whether I should wait for the B12 kit or go for the H&R kit?

Also does anyone know the part number for the Passat B5/B6 rear bumpstops?

Thanks

Very similar kits but I'd say the B12 just edges it on comfort with them using the Eibach Pro springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

• 2 weeks later...

B12 fitted today at AND Essex, took longer than expected due to

1) CV boot perished

2) rear toe bolt seized

3) needed 2 new front drop links

4) needed 2 new bump stops

Total cost £1069

Resulting also in 2 hours additional labour. Not to be unexpected I a 10 year old car

Drove home from Essex m25 and a3.

First impressions, . We had bought some items at Ikea and my wife paid whilst I picked up the car. The first difference was on the first speedhump.

I am 14st and car does not move when I get in it! It probably does but in comparison....

So much cleaner on each bump our rut yes firmer but no bounce.

My wife who understands cars but is not a car nut (she used to change her own oil) said she could feel it was better straight away.

Some motorway joins are felt more but with less of a crash and it's dealt with in one movement rather than 2.

An analogy, it's like when you bump into a man mountain, rather than me.

I wish I had done it sooner, car feels like a hot hatch again, no squeaks, no hitting bump stops. The drop in height is not obvious which I prefer. The fact that it corners so flat is amazing.

Don't think I needed the updated arb I considered. This suspension makes such a difference

In a week car will be fully laden so that will be the next test

We are both happy.

The suspension now reminds me of the set up on our 99 imprezza turbo. Firm but mature.

• Like 1

B12 fitted today at AND Essex, took longer than expected due to

1) CV boot perished

2) rear toe bolt seized

3) needed 2 new front drop links

4) needed 2 new bump stops

Total cost £1069

Resulting also in 2 hours additional labour. Not to be unexpected I a 10 year old car

Drove home from Essex m25 and a3.

First impressions, . We had bought some items at Ikea and my wife paid whilst I picked up the car. The first difference was on the first speedhump.

I am 14st and car does not move when I get in it! It probably does but in comparison....

So much cleaner on each bump our rut yes firmer but no bounce.

My wife who understands cars but is not a car nut (she used to change her own oil) said she could feel it was better straight away.

Some motorway joins are felt more but with less of a crash and it's dealt with in one movement rather than 2.

An analogy, it's like when you bump into a man mountain, rather than me.

I wish I had done it sooner, car feels like a hot hatch again, no squeaks, no hitting bump stops. The drop in height is not obvious which I prefer. The fact that it corners so flat is amazing.

Don't think I needed the updated arb I considered. This suspension makes such a difference

In a week car will be fully laden so that will be the next test

We are both happy.

The suspension now reminds me of the set up on our 99 imprezza turbo. Firm but mature.

Man don't say this ha.  I cannot afford that but I need new shock mounts and bearings.  May I ask how much you paid for the B12 set up? I'd basically like to know how much of that bill was for labour and other things.

If there was a Bilstein B12 group buy on this forum, mark my words, there would be people queuing down the street.

I don't know what it takes to get one up and running, but site sponsors please take note! :)

There was a group buy a few years ago done by Shark. I think German eBay still the cheapest place to source due to favourable euro exchange rates.

Yup, that looks even better than n20.  It appears to be about £485 delivered.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Eibach-Bilstein-B12-Fahrwerk-Pro-Kit-SKODA-OCTAVIA-1Z3-/141322702800?hash=item20e77d4fd0:g:G1gAAOSwQJ5UTlNO