VRS 230 - Production Delays

I ordered a VRS 230 on 5 Nov 15 , estimated delivery 12 weeks but asked for it to be held a bit longer before registration onto a 16 plate. It's coming from a reputable broker (but one where I don't deal with the supplying dealer, an aspect which I was nervous about).

On checking progress with the broker today, I'm informed there's a long backlog of VRS 230 orders due to very limited build slots for that special edition and that there is still no estimate for a build date) and that some 230 orders are running at 6 months.

Has anyone else had similar delays on VRS 230 orders or any inside info on this? It doesn't sound right at all to my (inexperienced) mind. Thanks!

My extras are listed below. I understand that adding so many extras can often cause a longer lead-time but that's not the issue as I'm being told it. They tell me the number of 230s ordered exceeded the allocated production slots known up to now for that variant - so 'lots of 230 orders are still in the pipeline with no estimate for build date being available at present'.

Bluetooth connectivity with voice control

SmartLink

Canton sound system

Simply clever pack

Winter pack

Heated rear seats

Space saver spare wheel

2 year warranty extension

(By the way it's black with DSG)

It would be great to hear from anyone else who has ordered a factory build VRS 230 (ie order date and the latest state of play). If the info I'm receiving is correct, there must be loads of people in the same position as me and a few who got lucky - perhaps early order dates and/or few options.

I've been really looking forward to the new car as I rather carelessly lost my MKII VRS in a divorce. I don't mind waiting if it's accurate info - it just seems odd, especially to hear nothing until I enquired today. Thanks in advance to anyone with info.

Please don't take offense at this but has this broker decided that since you don't want it until March that he will save himself the money and not order it until a much later date so that it will arrive in March and go straight out rather than hang around?

Also it seems strange to create a new flagship for the Octavia and then not build it when what you really need is for people to have them out on the road to build publicity and interest. Just some thoughts, I hope I'm way off the mark

• Like 1

Please don't take offense at this but has this broker decided that since you don't want it until March that he will save himself the money and not order it until a much later date so that it will arrive in March and go straight out rather than hang around?

No offence taken at all - I'm wondering similar myself hence why I'm seeking the experience of others who ordered a 230. Could also be the dealer. However, it was only circa 4 weeks between quoted delivery expectation and 16 plate time. Being a 'glass half full' type of chap I'd like to believe what I'm being told - it would just be good to hear from others.

• Like 1

Which broker are you using?

I was told by Broadspeed they don't use a "friendly dealer" anymore and place bulk orders directly with the factory. It's why I didn't go with them as they wouldn't give me a confirmed price or tell me when I'd likely get it.

If it's them I bet Skods aren't allocating *them* the stock, or they haven't got enough orders to meet their bulk order criteria yet and are fobbing you off with this BS.

The 230 is a bit of a niche model so it is not surprising that the factory is probably more geared up for 220 and diesel vrs variants.

A diff and a few extras don't really make it anything special from a production point of view.

• Like 2

Which broker are you using?

I was told by Broadspeed they don't use a "friendly dealer" anymore and place bulk orders directly with the factory. It's why I didn't go with them as they wouldn't give me a confirmed price or tell me when I'd likely get it.

If it's them I bet Skods aren't allocating *them* the stock, or they haven't got enough orders to meet their bulk order criteria yet and are fobbing you off with this BS.

Not Broadspeed and definitely comes via a UK dealer. I enquired at Broadspeed but they told me they couldn't ( and wouldn't) get access to VRS 230s so I moved my business elsewhere.

The 230 is a bit of a niche model so it is not surprising that the factory is probably more geared up for 220 and diesel vrs variants.

Understood and agreed. However, it does seem odd that 15 weeks after I ordered there's not even an estimate of build date and an apparent backlog of 'many' 230s in a similar position. To be fair, there haven't been many posts about people receiving their 230s so maybe its accurate info re the delay. I'm just a bit surprised nobody with personal experience of hearing about their 230 build dates is chipping-in.

For what it's worth,mine was ordered from Irish Skoda garage not UK if that makes a difference?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

From what I've seen on here our lead times in Ireland are much shorter than the UK.

I ordered a VRS 230 on 5 Nov 15 , estimated delivery 12 weeks but asked for it to be held a bit longer before registration onto a 16 plate. It's coming from a reputable broker (but one where I don't deal with the supplying dealer, an aspect which I was nervous about).

On checking progress with the broker today, I'm informed there's a long backlog of VRS 230 orders due to very limited build slots for that special edition and that there is still no estimate for a build date) and that some 230 orders are running at 6 months.

Has anyone else had similar delays on VRS 230 orders or any inside info on this? It doesn't sound right at all to my (inexperienced) mind. Thanks!

My 230 was ordered second week of November.  Delivery date was going to be mid-Feb until i asked to have this put off until 1st March for a 16 plate.  I'm getting it 3rd March.. so that's about 12 weeks or so?  Simillar lead time to a stock 220 vRS i think..

Mine's a 230 estate in meteor, with crew protection, heated nozzles and a spare wheel btw.

Is your broker "swiss tony"?

My 230 was ordered second week of November.  Delivery date was going to be mid-Feb until i asked to have this put off until 1st March for a 16 plate.  I'm getting it 3rd March.. so that's about 12 weeks or so?  Simillar lead time to a stock 220 vRS i think..

Mine's a 230 estate in meteor, with crew protection, heated nozzles and a spare wheel btw.

Is your broker "swiss tony"?

Good one! That made me chuckle. Hope everyone enjoys their new cars - hope to join you in that soon.