Ice scraper

Some theving bxxxxxd stole my ice scraper at a garage while I was paying for my fuel. The car was a day old, there must be a world wide shortage of ice scrapers. The guy at the skoda parts counter thought I was joking when I asked for a replacment.

You let your car unlocked while you went to pay for fuel? Lucky it was only an ice scraper you lost. Hopefully you learned something there.

You let your car unlocked while you went to pay for fuel? Lucky it was only an ice scraper you lost. Hopefully you learned something there.

I agree, somthing I have never done is lock the car when in a garage, but will do from now on, I was lucky.

If it is icy enough to freeze a press to open plastic flap then you can be sure the doors will be frozen closed. Leave it where it is and prevent door pocket rattles. Vaseline on the door seals if they freeze, scraper in the plastic fuel flap where there is a slot for it.

The fuel flap is frozen way more often than the doors. All my cars have been like that...

Apparently if you use autoglym vinyl and rubber care on the seals it helps them from sticking, as its the water content on the seal that makes it stick. The product contains siliconx this acts as a non stick coating. However it might help for UK winters but whether it works at 30 below is another matter.

Gummi pflege is what you need! Has a shoe polish style foam applicator and you just work it over the seals. Used it for years on BMW coupes that can be a nightmare to get into when it's frosty and it really does work. Drys non tacky as well so doesn't attract dirt.