New Car Discount & UK Car Discount

TOP MARKS that's what i'm giving New-Car Discounts, Ordered on 28th Jan and it was delivered on 28th April, 13 weeks from the day I ordered, all as expected and to the spec. I wanted. It was delivered with a whole 6 miles on the clock, I would like to say a big thank you to Nick at NCD for all his work and sorting this purchase for me. I have no hesitation recommending their services to anyone thinking of buying a car.

He told me right from the off 17-18 weeks, and he would contact me when it was about 3 weeks from delivery, so to be honest I never contacted him, you can't push a delivery date and I didn't want to know a build date which may be moved to disappoint me or a built date that's irrelevant it's still not in the UK. The only date I wanted to know was the date of delivery and I was told that three weeks before hand and it was delivered when he said all be it very late afternoon. As said first class service, Im sure Nick could have called me every week to inform you nothing has happened but what's the point, when I was contacted 8 weeks prior to when I thought the car may be with me I was chuffed and now have my car still 4 weeks before his earliest predicted date.

Ok, pretty much the same for me 18 weeks but that has been extended. Ordered Feb22 and now told July4 at the dealer who I think is located in Preston. I take it you waited all day for the delivery. Did they not give you a more precise arrival time?

Yes they did they phoned me at 12.30pm and told me it was going to be late, they apologized and told me it was due to a vehicle breakdown so could only deliver one vehicle at a time. I must admit by 5.30 I was getting worried but at 6.30 it was here. To be fair that had nothing to do with NCD it was the delivery peoples problem, not even sure NCD knew about it as they had done there bit.

I'd never come across this site before and now feel like I've made a big mistake ordering through the dealer last week. I could've got an L&K for about the same price as I've ordered my SE L Exec for! :(

I looked at a 2WD L&K with 5k miles demo at a dealer. I got a L&K 4x4 with more extras for almost £2k less than the dealer demo.

NCD a no-brainer

I'd never come across this site before and now feel like I've made a big mistake ordering through the dealer last week. I could've got an L&K for about the same price as I've ordered my SE L Exec for! :(

Can you not just cancel and say you have just been made redundant to get your deposit back?....i'm saving over £8k on mine going with NCD!

Can you not just cancel and say you have just been made redundant to get your deposit back?....i'm saving over £8k on mine going with NCD!

I might give it a try. The worst they can say is no I suppose. Just been looking it up - as far as I can tell, I don't think I have any legal right to cancel because I signed a form at the dealership. Potentially could just pull out anyway but then might lose the £500 I've put down already.

I might give it a try. The worst they can say is no I suppose. Just been looking it up - as far as I can tell, I don't think I have any legal right to cancel because I signed a form at the dealership. Potentially could just pull out anyway but then might lose the £500 I've put down already.

Signing form or not, didn't the law change in October and you get 7 or 14 days grace!...not too sure there though, also, would the saving be worthwhile even if you were to lose the £500?

Edited by UncleWang

Signing form or not, didn't the law change in October and you get 7 or 14 days grace!...not too sure there though, also, would the saving be worthwhile even if you were to lose the £500?

Extra to that....different I know, but when I got my last car (Dec 2014) from a dealer, I also signed up and paid in full for GAP insurance (I know....MUG!!) anyway after a few days I cancelled and got a FULL refund no problem at all!

I'm not going to ask anymore. It's out of NCD's control now. When the car arrives at the fleet dealer in Preston they will let me know.

I hope you get yours soon mate.

When I bought my MKII Octy Scout in 2010, I asked for a discount. The first salesman told me 'no chance", the second told me to come back when I was serious and walked off and left me. I then went to a broker who knocked £4.5k off the price, making it cheaper than Nearly New.

The same broker is offering the S3 in my preferred spec of 2.0tdi SEL Executive 4x4 at £23,280 saving over £5k.

Skoda salesmen can ram it from now on.

Broker ordered cars are delivered through the normal Skoda dealer network but are in effect fleet vehicles.

Full UK warranty etc and it will be delivered FOC on a low loader to my home with minimal miles on the clock.

22% discount is a no-brainer for me.

Spent a lot of time agonising over this last night and this morning. After fiddling around with figures and options I've come to the conclusion that with the mileage I'm looking at (only 15k miles) it adds a big chunk onto the monthly cost to get the L&K - nearly £30 - which is taking it above what I want to pay. I'd get a lot more kit for this extra £40 but it's stuff I'd already resigned myself to not having.

So then I thought I'd see if I could just save by buying an SE L through them, but factoring in the higher APR from NCD it comes out at virtually exactly the same price as I've got it through the dealer, who I managed to get a fairly big discount from thanks to carwow anyway.

So it looks like I'm sticking with the SE L from the dealer on this occasion. And three years down the line I can think about an L&K model because I'll be able to. It may even by an L&K Kodiaq by then becaue I'm really liking the look of that!