New Car Discount & UK Car Discount

Told by dealer if i bought from "on line" his workshops were too busy to take on cars not supplied by them.................

In that case that dealer should be reported to Skoda themselves with loss of franchise, prosecuted for being "dealerist" and whoever came out with that that ridiculous comment beheaded!!.....also, what about people who have recently moved to the area? would they be expected to drive potentially hundreds of miles just to get the car serviced etc!!!

Told by dealer if i bought from "on line" his workshops were too busy to take on cars not supplied by them.................

That sounds as though it could be a problem, although I would have thought that the sales manager and service manager have different agendas and priorities. Interesting, and possibly illegal discrimination on some level. They'll be refusing to service black cars next. I think when I booked my newish octavia scout in for some work, I was asked if I had bought from them. I had not because I sourced the only beige TSI in the country, which was elsewhere. It was not a problem though. I'm pretty sute their computer system will tell dealers all they need to know about a car from the reg number ?

He's just trying to bully you. The majority of new cars are fleet, pcp or lease, no way a dealer can turn down that much work.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got my Scout through Nick at NCD. Great service, great price. Have contacted two local dealers and both happy to do service/warranty work. One of them wanted over £1150 to fit a tow bar, the other put me in touch with a fitter they use and having it fully supplied/fitted/coded for £465! Might have made my mind up which dealer I will be using!! 

Does any fellow member who purchased from "Buy a car on line" know which Town/City/Dealer the Skoda came from ?

A dealer offered me a demo S3 L&K 4x4 hatch but it didn't have a reversing camera. They said £1000 to retro-fit. Crazy!

Went the NCD route.

My vehicle was supplied by NCD in December. Great service but I've just noticed that it seems to be set to 10k service intervals rather than the longer variable intervals. I've done about 4.6k miles and the service menu says an oil change is due in another 4.6k.

Does anyone know what the procedure is to get the car back onto extended intervals? Is there a cut off mileage for changing back? The supplying dealer is a long way from me, so could I expect another dealer to do whatever's needed? Likely cost?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim you could get someone with VCDS to change it, it will not be quite as straightforward as normal as they will need to take into account the mileage you have already done.

My was also on fixed servicing but I changed it straight away (4 miles on the clock).

• Like 1

Jim you could get someone with VCDS to change it, it will not be quite as straightforward as normal as they will need to take into account the mileage you have already done.

My was also on fixed servicing but I changed it straight away (4 miles on the clock).

Funnily enough I contacted NCD on Friday requesting flexible servicing for as and when I get my car and they said they will contact the supplying dealer.

Would someone mind explaining this to me? I assume fixed servicing is for example every 10,000 miles. Why would someone change it to variable/flexible or extended servicing? Pros and cons please...

(I love this website for stuff like this)

In theory the car decides when it needs a service on the variable servicing, so you only pay when you need to, rather than paying at 10k miles when you might be fine to go for another few thousand miles. I've had the variable servicing on my mk2 Octy and I can't say it's caused me any issues and I've certainly serviced it less than if it was on a fixed interval.

• Like 1

Thanks Gizmo. Would the servicing dealer do this? I'm thinking that I don't mind having the first service after 10k as long as at that point it can be switched over to variable intervals. Otherwise I guess it'll be a VCDS job.

Threw is no reason why not, Caffyns Ashford however seem to struggle putting cars on variable servicing mind (even when they were on it before the service)

Yes  :( I was agonising over whether to spend the extra for an SE L exec as it had 20% off but now discount has fallen in line with the SE Business which is 14%. It's the same for all the other models.

Yes  :( I was agonising over whether to spend the extra for an SE L exec as it had 20% off but now discount has fallen in line with the SE Business which is 14%. It's the same for all the other models.

May be worthwhile hanging on for a while if you can, they did that a couple of months ago but only lasted a couple of weeks I think, and the discounts went back up again!

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a few weeks then. I was pretty set on the SE Business but then realised that the SE L was only about another grand more and gave me the xenons with LED running lights plus Columbus although that probably isn't such a big deal as Amundsen has 8" now - notice that is updated on NCD website! Oh well. 

Just as a matter if interest just repriced my car at NCD, 190 Estate DSG with some extras, Current pricing shows I got mine for £2100 less, however it is still £1500 less than the best dealer price I could get back in January when I ordered mine from NCD.  Dealer prices have gone up since then as well. I am so pleased I found NCD when I did. Saved loads of money and got the car in 13 weeks from the day ordered 4-5 weeks quicker than they or any dealer had stated.

I put the details of the car I have on order back into NCD last night and their quote is more expensive than before. I put those same details back into buyanewcaronline and the quote was exactly the same as it had been when I placed my order with them a couple of weeks ago.

Back in March 2016 I tried to place an order with NCD.

Obtained a quote(3rd March), asked how long this price would be available, confirmed by NCD..."We ll be the same for the rest of 2016"

On 21st March tried to place my order with NCD only to find they would not honour their quote... went elsewhere.

Back in March 2016 I tried to place an order with NCD.

Obtained a quote(3rd March), asked how long this price would be available, confirmed by NCD..."We ll be the same for the rest of 2016"

On 21st March tried to place my order with NCD only to find they would not honour their quote... went elsewhere.

To be fair to NCD, I had a quote from them the other week and when I asked how long it was valid for, they said that Skoda could change prices at any time.