14 plate vRS second service

Evenin',

My 14 plate Petrol vRS is in for it's second service at just over 15K. Can I expect 'owt in the way of firmware upgrades or new maps on the Amundsen/Canton set up? Will this firmware improve the sound, as I find Canton a bit of a let down tbh. Will I have to pay for the firmware upgrade? I know the maps should be free, but will the dealership do it? Really can't be arsed upgrading the maps after I did it last time, complete pain.

I have also noticed that the drivers seat seems to shift laterally, ever so slightly when cornering, like the seat chassis is moving in the rails. Anybody encountered this??

Cheers All.

I doubt firmware updates will cure hardware performance issues. The amundsen is also poor too compared with any other car I have driven. Maybe better designed pre-amp and power amps would have helped. They don't need running in either unless your canton has a valve amplifier.

Higher Sampling rates of music will help improve your audio quality somewhat but there is no substitution for good hardware design and quality component selection.

All mp 3's on my card are 320. Anything lossless is frankly pointless, unless you are sitting in a Maybach or a Rolls Royce. Some stuff on my phone is uncompressed and it's still very average in the sound department. I have to have to sub on 10 to get any fullness and warmth to the sound. I had the misfortune of sitting in the back of it the other day whilst the Canton was on and it was a really unpleasant audio experience. Just a dull muddy plodding thump with no attack or control, overwhelming any other frequencies. Dreadful :-( Now I know why my kids are always complaining about earache. Shifting the sound focus cures it a little I suppose. But it's still nowhere near as good as the standard set up on the MK II, which despite it's limitations had at least a semblance of a cohesive balanced soundstage. 

Disagree. The Amundsen/Canton is well-balanced, without the exaggerated bass of the Mk. 2 which gave male voices an unnatural boom. Also, the Mk. 2 tweeters were angled towards the front seats, which pulled the balance wildly towards the driver or passenger - as the driver I had to set the balance to +5 left to get a central image. By contrast the Mk. 3 tweeters fire across the car and (combined with the centre speaker on the Canton) give a decent sound-stage. Agree that even with the so-called subwoofer at max the bass could do with a bit more welly, but overall a pretty good system. That said, the sound system on our 2009 Smart FourTwo takes a bit of beating. There's a proper woofer under the driver's seat (woofers go down to 50Hz, subwoofers down to 20 Hz) and the tweeters fire upwards into each side of the windscreen, so giving a really good soundstage.

What I haven't yet worked out on our 2015 L&K is whether you can dial in compression to the DAB radio, which I know is technically feasible with DAB and would be very useful with high ambient noise, and whether the volume can be set to adjust automatically with speed - which was the case with our Mk. 2 Symphony. Ah well, I suppose I'll just have to consult the manuals ...

I had a seat issue on my passenger seat. It was like a thudding noise. Wasn't moving that much mind.

Dealer took out the seat and put it back in making sure everything was tightened.