Skoda Superb MK1 2003 , How to change Headlights?

WorldUK

I recently bought an Skoda Superb, 2003. 

Its got really poor headlights and so i got "new" used ones that look way better. 

So went today and thought how hard it is, remove 4 bolts and take washer pipe off and remove leads and out it comes but nooo , feels like something holding it underneath or i dont know, wont come out. Moves about 2cm or bit more. 

Anyone removed them ? Could give few pointers on how to do it? As searched online and youtube but nothing at all. 

Do i need to remove front bumper? / side wing? 

Heeeeelppp!

Front bumper needs to be removed, like this...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/148404-how-to-removing-front-bumper-headlights-superb-02-07/?hl=%2Bremove+%2Bfront+%2Bbumper#entry2602555

Your old headlights might just need the deteriorated coating removed.  A search on youtube for "headlight polishing" or "headlight restoration" will show plenty of examples.

Edited by Tdi1.9

We had two superbs in the household once Mk1. The one had normal lights, the other head xeon.

Having had the normal head lights out at some point which was easy enough, when we came to do the other car with the xeon headlamps, they would not come out. There was an additional bolt located under them.

Tried toothpaste and it didn't work.

Brought the Maguries kit and this worked a treat.

I understand brasso works but have not tried it.

Edited by Nackuk

There are 5 bolts in total, just did this job yesterday on my Xenons.  Two on the top onto the slam panel, one under a cover in the slam panel, one in the same direction but towards the back of the light, and one on a bracket under the light (it is the only one that comes out from the front as opposed to the top).