Bolero rear view camera

jeleoto

Noticed that both Vw and Seat with the Polo and Ibiza offer a rear view camera.

Wonder if its possible to run one of these  cameras  units  through the Bolero info centres.

Appears the camera is mounted in one of the rear number plate lighting units. Which appear to be the same as on our Fabias 111.

And if you have rear parking sensors already fitted might be a viable option.

jeleoto

• 3 weeks later...

Think ive seen that the rear view camera will be offered from week 22...

Don't be too cynical about this option, when you get to my age

turning your head can be very difficult and quite painful,

so the camera view at the rear is a very useful tool.

• 1 month later...

I have MY15 Fabia and I can see in coding of both Bolero and parktronik option for "Backup camera Low". Currently I have a camera mounted in the left license plate light but it will be soon changed to the one mounted in trunk handle. In paralell I will change camera connection from dedicated AV interface (used fo DVB-T and Android module as well) to Bolero - I will let you know if it works (but I expect so - it works in Bolero units in Octavia III and Superb III).

• 1 month later...

I've connected the camera not directly to Bolero but via Android navigation http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/389576-android-in-bolero-mirrorlink-and-androidauto-killer/ however I think this should also be possible to connect it directly to Bolero. I will check it and let you know.

The camera I used is http://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-sony-HD-ccd-car-trunk-handle-reverse-parking-rear-view-camera-for-Skoda-Roomster-Fabia/32311569838.html To mount it in Fabia MY2015 and 2016 you need also metal cover 5J0827229 and two M6 nuts N01508210

Do you have any pics of the reverse image you get on the screen is a a decent quality ? And did you make any progress connecting straight to the bolero ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Whatever happened to using mirrors when reversing? No need to look over your shoulder then. Maybe I have just got good spacial awareness? My car's got parking sensors all round and I live in a narrow street. They are useful but I don't rely on them. Cameras seem unnecessary on small cars. Necessary on commercial vehicles.

Edited by threadbear

Also, designed for US-style numberplates, not the wider ones we have here! Seems excessively expensive though- you can get backup cameras for way less than that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Few months ago, when I was on service with Fabia, they installed rear camera.

It works well. Thanks #pab567 for link.

Cheers

20161215_133421.jpg

Edited by Markkoni

Yes, there is a cable.

Official service did a installation, i think coding is needed.

@yankarinRG

I don't have park pilot menu, i don't have park sensors.

Camera works when I activate reverse gear.

Edited by Markkoni