Car judder between 1500 rpm and 2200 rpm

sr100

I am not sure, I am assuming it was done on the last service with Skoda about 6k miles ago.

Problem wasn't replicated again when the mechanic had it and it isn't quite as bad as when it first started. Not sure what the issue is, but I am just going to continue to drive it until it becomes worse. 

Very odd. 

Edited by sr100

Guest DobriKnotzGutenMorgan

Guys.......I'm having a new turbo and egr delete fitted in the coming days. Inlet Manifold and all pipes will be cleaneds etc so I hope this will also stopp the judder/shaking the car makes when it comes to a stopp. 

I'll keep you all posted.

Guys.......I'm having a new turbo and egr delete fitted in the coming days. Inlet Manifold and all pipes will be cleaneds etc so I hope this will also stopp the judder/shaking the car makes when it comes to a stopp. 

I'll keep you all posted.

Please do. :)

Apologies if I missed the post that said you have had the following done.

But have you had the gearbox oil and filter changed. It could be dirty oil in the gearbox.

I may be wrong but I am sure gearbox needs a service every 3 years on an automatic.

Juddering and gear slippage is a classic sign of degraded oil in the box.

Guest DobriKnotzGutenMorgan

Hello there folks. The car is driving very well indeed apart from the shudder/judder issue, so I've had the guys give it an initail assessment with me present and there seems to be definitley play on some of the engine mounts. I will be getting the car up on the ramps next week to properly assessit and I'll let yooz . better not be symptoms of DMF albeit engine shaking angles says no at present.

Cheers

Gearbox oil was changes 2 months ago at the dealer. So it is not that.

The juddering is not always there. When it does happen, feels like the car is wobbly. Strange way to describe it. 

I'm living with it for now until it gets worse, otherwise will not know what to change.

Apart from that issue, the car is great to drive. 

BTW, i recently had some grief with this issue but have no sorted it as well. Mine's a 2.0FSI, 6spd auto. 
Zero faults in the VCDS, went through fuel cleaners etc, and nearly even sent it to have intake valves cleaned (not a bad thing though).
Anyway, turned out it was the inner CV joints. Changed both of them and the car is now driving like a peach.
Felt like there was a slight misfire when it was happening, started occasionally, then went on to be constantly around the 2000rpm range.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned to me that it could be the inner CV joints. I have the exact same type of misfire feeling and car feels wobbly. 

I think I will try that this weekend or next week and see how I get on. 

Right, so today I finally got the chance to get the drive shaft inspected. It looks like the passenger side one was knackered, so the mechanic sourced a used one for £50 and charged £30 to fit. Looks like it has cured the issue for now as there were small bits of metal fragments on the inner joint bearings. Something was quite not right.

So far so good. I'll be able to tell hopefully over the next few days if it has been solved.

• Like 1

The mechanic I took it to put it up on the ramp and could tell which side it was just by holding the driveshaft and feeling which one had more play. 

Based on that he recommended the passenger side to be replaced, which turned out to solve the problem. 

So, if the mechanic is decent enough, they should be able to identify it without stripping them down. 

The mechanic I took it to put it up on the ramp and could tell which side it was just by holding the driveshaft and feeling which one had more play. 

Based on that he recommended the passenger side to be replaced, which turned out to solve the problem. 

So, if the mechanic is decent enough, they should be able to identify it without stripping them down. 

Cool.  I'll be under the car in the near future to replace a sump pan so I'll check them for play.  Might as well eh?