Strange leak on passenger side

jafo

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me - before I leave my car at service station :(

Please check attached photo - when it's raining there is a leak at passenger side - edge of the plastic panel is wet and also around the handle to open the bonnet.

Anyone knows what could be wrong ?

TIA

post-139065-0-37143400-1456751373_thumb.jpg

Check the drain at the bonnet hinge for debris clogging it. If it gets blocked it can overflow into the aircon intake and drop through the filter (Which is in the passenger footwell to the center). The other thing that causes this is a badly sealed windscreen, but this seems less common from comments on here anyway.

• Like 1

Check the drain at the bonnet hinge for debris clogging it. If it gets blocked it can overflow into the aircon intake and drop through the filter (Which is in the passenger footwell to the center). The other thing that causes this is a badly sealed windscreen, but this seems less common from comments on here anyway.

Thanks for quick reply :)

The same thing told my brother - about aircon - but he is too far to do this for me :(

I've tried to check myself - but it looks like plastic cover is glued (?) to the windscreen ...

How long it should take for mechanic to check/fix ?

Edited by jafo

I had this problem with mine, It was coming down the inside of the cold air duct and leaking out of the bottom of the fan.

Went back under warranty and they took out the foam seal under the scuttle panel and sealed it with sealant

Take off that bit of foam under the glove box. If its leaking from the motor or pollen filter housing you have the same problem that I did.

If its coming from down the back of the bulkhead it could be the windscreen or something else

Edited by SuperbTWM

Had the same thing happen to me.

Over the winter period when it wouldn't stop raining there would be a puddle collected on the passenger side floor starting in the same location as your picture.

now i'm not saying it's this but.........

The bottom corner of the wind screen, on the passenger, on the outside of the car, the wind screen rubbers didn't meet in the corner, there was about a 10mm gap.

I think it was the upright rubber that was short so i just gripped it and slid it down to meet and it hasn't done it since.

Best of luck.

Thanks for all suggestions :)

I went yesterday to friendly local garage - and after quick look - they told me that it also could be damaged outer shield or seal of the release cable for the bonnet.

I have appoitment for tomorrow at Skoda service station - will be fixed under warranty :) - so I'll let you know in the next few days what was wrong :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Just for the record having checked drainholes, plenum chamber, seals, behind wheel arches for debris and been unable to trace my passenger side water ingress I took my Mk2 into a main dealer, who after some searching finally found the problem. It was the seal where the bonnet release cable goes into the car on the passenger side. Know it is an old post from Jafo but wish I had seen it when I was trawling all the water ingress posts on the Forum. Just happy the problem is resolved.