Delivery times

Went to the dealer today and got a peak at my Fabia Combi with Style configuration (Tinted glass, front armrest, electric rear windows, climatronic etc.)

1.2 TSI/110hp manual gearbox

+

Race Blue Metallic

Decorative interior trim panel BLACK PIANO

Easy Start with Start/Stop button

Rear parking sensors

Package for bad roads (8mm clearence etc.)

Heated windscreen nozzles

BOLERO with MirrorLink, Skoda Surround with 6 speakers

Double boot floor

Heated front seats

Extra sound insulation

16 inch black BEAM's

Plus the dealer threw in mud flaps, rubber mat (including one for the boot) and scuff plates for free.

IMG_1931.jpg

• Like 1

I'm picking up my Fabia tomorrow! So for anyone reading this thread in the future I thought I'd post a basic timeline.

Ordered - 19/03/16

Built - 20/04/16

Emden - 25/04/16

Grimsby Docks - 09/05/16

Arrived at Dealers - 16/05/16

Collection - 19/05/16

So exactly two months (8 weeks and 5 days) from order to collection which I think is very reasonable. 

Lucky you! Mine will by ready 'end of next week'. It's 2 weeks since they told me it was in the country  :dull:

And I'm off to the US for a week on Tuesday, I was hoping to have the car before then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Ordered on 29th March.

Built 8th May.

Invoiced on 19th May.

Registered on 3rd June.

Collected on 6th June.

Now I have done MY PDI ( post delivery inspection ) I have some spare bits.

Ordered some bits before collecting the car including car mats only to find that the dealer threw in a set for free.

Swapped the full size steel spare wheel for an alloy and swapped the locking wheel bolt set for normal wheel bolts.

So I have:-

Set of car mats F&R.

6 x 15 steel wheel for a 185/60R15 Tyre.

Locking wheel bolt set including the gray bolt covers.

Anybody have a home for any of these.

Thanks AG Falco.

I ordered my SE L Estate on 15th April. I got an email on 6th June to say it's in the country and Dan, the salesman, will contact me when he gets the 24hr notice - how long does it normally take for that to happen?

Quick question in relation to build/ delivery times

Is a car ordered in the next week or so likely to take long enough to be a 66 reg ?

Edited by Wet Kipper

Depends when your dealer can get a build date. If there's a car already built, without being allocated to anyone, then it might be pretty quick. If you add a bunch of options then it'll take a while.

Depends when your dealer can get a build date. If there's a car already built, without being allocated to anyone, then it might be pretty quick. If you add a bunch of options then it'll take a while.

Any already built will be few days to about 6 weeks depending on where it is (UK, Emden, etc). New orders are about 9-12 weeks. There is a summer factory shutdown so maybe add couple of weeks at moment. Therefore Sept seems likely for delivery of special order with options.

Dealer can search all the ones already built, and the options fitted. Note the stock builds might be MY16 spec as per brochure, not the latest Model Year 17 as per configurator.

SWMBO really wanted Red, none in system, so went for a factory order and they'll hold it to be a 66 reg

Will be MY17, not sure what difference that makes to a 110 SE hatch

I think that MY17 for the Fabia was more about availability of a few options- a rear-view camera (not sure why you'd need it on a Fabia, but there we go) and the adaptive cruise control. The latter is definitely something I'd like, but such is life! I couldn't have waited anyway.

Went to the dealer today and got a peak at my Fabia Combi with Style configuration (Tinted glass, front armrest, electric rear windows, climatronic etc.)

1.2 TSI/110hp manual gearbox

+

Race Blue Metallic

Decorative interior trim panel BLACK PIANO

Easy Start with Start/Stop button

Rear parking sensors

Package for bad roads (8mm clearence etc.)

Heated windscreen nozzles

BOLERO with MirrorLink, Skoda Surround with 6 speakers

Double boot floor

Heated front seats

Extra sound insulation

16 inch black BEAM's

Plus the dealer threw in mud flaps, rubber mat (including one for the boot) and scuff plates for free.

IMG_1931.jpg

'Package for bad roads' sounds interesting. Is it just the ground clearance that changes?

Thanks for that. Don't think it's available over here (UK). Our roads don't have much in the way of debris, just ridiculous amount of pot holes!

Anyway, enjoy your new car. Looks nice!

Well, in Latvia we have a joke. Left image is how drunk drivers go in US, i.e., sober - straight line, drunk - red line. In Latvia, it's vice versa, sober you go around holes, drunk - you don't care :)

gfEkmlM.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah! Finally picking up my Pacific Blue SE L Estate tomorrow. I ordered on 26th April so it's taken 8 weeks to arrive. I can't wait to upgrade from my Greenline Fabia and be able to hide my golf clubs in the boot and fit my trolley as well. I also chose a variable floor, heated seats and blue seats with piano white dashboard insert

Well, in Latvia we have a joke. Left image is how drunk drivers go in US, i.e., sober - straight line, drunk - red line. In Latvia, it's vice versa, sober you go around holes, drunk - you don't care :)

gfEkmlM.jpg

I dunno- I was in Tennessee the other week, the roads had some pretty epic potholes! Especially as Nashville doesn't really get that cold, which is often the cause of potholes. 

I dunno- I was in Tennessee the other week, the roads had some pretty epic potholes! Especially as Nashville doesn't really get that cold, which is often the cause of potholes. 

Just a city road, nothing to see, move along or around :)

slikti_celi450.jpg

• Like 1

That is shocking but is that what the roads are really like genuinely or just a extreme example?

Not all of them, of course, but there are too many roads like that. This is just an extreme example in the second largest city :)

But similar examples are not hard to find. Especially side roads near major roads or apartment house territories :)

Not all of them, of course, but there are too many roads like that. This is just an extreme example in the second largest city :)

But similar examples are not hard to find. Especially side roads near major roads or apartment house territories :)

Man that's a real shame. Bet your mechanics makes a fortune replacing tired, fixing alinement etc! Edited by MasterJediAlejandro