Newbie after some help/advice

Just after some advice / help, I bit the bullet and purchased a 2010 fabia vrs, picked it up today and was looking through the service history and my heart sunk a little as I saw an invoice for one oil consumption test last year I panicked a lot then phoned skoda uk they confirmed some warranty work was carried out in Nov last year, dare of consumption test was October, but they said I would need to speak to the garage that did the work they gave me the number.

The service receptionist confirmed that two consumption tests done then in her words a crap load of warranty work including a new timing belt kit, followed by a 3rd consumption test to check everything ok and it passed fine also confirmed gearbox fluid recall done. Unfortunately she was unable to email me all the details of warranty work done due to data protection, so

1 should I be worried?

2 is there anyway to tell if the engine was replaced/rebuilt

3 is they're anyway to get the warranty work details skoda said they could only see warranty work done not what was done, and garage said they couldn't share the exact details due to data protection

Whose data are they protecting?..... Theirs or the previous owners. I would assume as you are now the reg keeper you have the right to the information... You may need to furnish them with a copy of the v5 possibly.

They said as I'm not the person/owner they have in file can't send the information out, think I'll try emailing skoda uk and see if they can get the info from the dealer

Edited by scoobysn7x

The Oil Consumption test was being done long after the Manufacturers Warranty Expired, unless the car had a 5 Year Warranty.

Or Warranty Work / Test because of an Extended Warranty.

A Timing Belt Kit replacement is unlikely to resolve a CAVE with High Oil Consumption.

So have you bought a car with some kind of Warranty?

The Data Protection stuff is a Nonesense, they can delete a previous keepers details and tell you who the Work was done for.

Skoda UK, or Car Care Plan ltd, or some other Warranty Provider.

Anyway, now you need to just be sure the engine runs well, and uses not too much oil.

PS

If Skoda UK Paid for a Replacement Engine then Skoda UK Customer Services can tell you exactly that, 

£3,500 plus never came out of the tea money.

Then there is their little lies about engine numbers and the UK DVLA.

Data Protection is their downfall there,  VW / Skoda are now supposed to be the Open and Honest Corporation you can trust.

?

Which Dealership or Motor Group have you bought from or are asking information from?

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

Car was brought in Dumfries from Arnold Clark, warranty work done in skoda hull, pretty much all service done at skoda hull, I'm going to get the skoda extended warranty for piece of mind, service girl basically said lots of warranty work carried out in November including timing belt and she said a lot of other engine parts, I'll get in touch with skoda uk tomorrow to see if I can get some further info but engine looks immaculate certainly doesn't look 6 years old, and I'm guessing the fact the 3rd oil consumption after all the work was done was clear is a good sign, I'll be checking he oil regularly cheers

I doubt very much the worksheet and Invoice is going to show Timing Belt among the parts.

We will see.

The Skoda Dealership in Hull should be more helpful, talk with the Service Manager if possible, but Skoda UK will have the Bill if they were paying.

(as for Arnold Clark Dealerships and there pretence sometimes at 'We know nothing', then that is just a given, but it is not as though plenty of Mk2 vRS have not passed through their hands, as supplying Dealerships and selling used, including ones that have had major warranty work.)

Have you read the Pinned Thread by vxh26 at the top of this page?

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot