1.2 TSI Remap

Yesterday I removed the racechip, because the car is going in for service this week. I never got around to go a  dyno, but I diid some acceleration tests 80-120 kmh (50-75 mph), and there are the results with and without RaceChip

3rd gear: With racechip 5,7 sek, without 6,7

4th gear With racechip ~7 seconds, without ~10 seconds

Today I also noticed a clear difference (lack of power) on highway driving, so the racechip clearly works

Edited by the_raz

• 3 months later...

I did remap on my Fabia 3 TSI110 a year ago.

Now it has 126 PS, 212 Nm.

Diagram before/after:

IMG_20170102_WA0003.jpg

This is acceleration in 3rd gear, 80-120 kmh. It is around 5.1 sec. (speedometer).

Edited by Markkoni

• 2 months later...

I've now been running a BSR remap on my 2015 110hp 1.2TSI manual since November 2016 without any issues apart from the car suggesting a higher gear earlier than before. I've never driven according to the suggested gears anyway so not a deal breaker for me but it can get a bit annoying when the suggested gear indicator keeps popping up. I assume the car suggests a higher gear earlier due to the increased torque but don't know for sure... 

The performance increase is really noticeable and the engine runs actually better now than it did stock. In my opinion the best part with the BSR remap is that if you buy the PPC unit, which I did, you can change the map to the original one whenever you want. They also notify about possible updates to the map and you can then go ahead and upload the update to the car yourself. I haven't seen this possibility by any other remap company.

I haven't had the car on a dyno but according to BSR the car should now have 131 HP / 234 Nm. According to my butt feeling it's about right.

Link to the BSR Stage 1 page

• 2 months later...
On 2017-03-17 at 12:41, onkkel said:

I've now been running a BSR remap on my 2015 110hp 1.2TSI manual since November 2016 without any issues apart from the car suggesting a higher gear earlier than before. I've never driven according to the suggested gears anyway so not a deal breaker for me but it can get a bit annoying when the suggested gear indicator keeps popping up. I assume the car suggests a higher gear earlier due to the increased torque but don't know for sure... 

The performance increase is really noticeable and the engine runs actually better now than it did stock. In my opinion the best part with the BSR remap is that if you buy the PPC unit, which I did, you can change the map to the original one whenever you want. They also notify about possible updates to the map and you can then go ahead and upload the update to the car yourself. I haven't seen this possibility by any other remap company.

I haven't had the car on a dyno but according to BSR the car should now have 131 HP / 234 Nm. According to my butt feeling it's about right.

Link to the BSR Stage 1 page

I´m also thinking about buing a BSR remap.. What about fuel consumption? Have you noticed any difference since you remapped our car?

Edited by Rebel55

I haven't noticed any noteworthy difference. After the initial "fun period" the consumption has dropped to about the same as before the remap. 

• 11 months later...

If anybody is interested in a RaceChip PRO2 tuning box for 1.2 TSI 110, I have one for sale.

I am sorry if this is not the right place for something like this, but I was not able to find any other place to post this info.

I like the RaceChip idea for my 90hp Monte Carlo but to say it’s the exact same engine as the 110hp engine, the top RaceChip for my car will only give an extra 18hp. I was hoping for a little more, taking power to about 120hp or more.