Would you pay £39K...........

Not if you are sourcing through a broker. My Merc is very similarly specced to an L+K 190 DSG hatch and there is not a great deal between them in price. Plus my Merc will (hopefully) hold its residuals better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Residuals are pretty solid for the Superb now, okay maybe not the 220 or 280 petrols but everything else should be fine. Certainly in Ireland both the Octavia and Superb are now beating their rivals for residuals.

Regardless of brand you always have to choose wisely however. Buying top end models with lots of extras will always mean faster depreciation whether it's an Audi A8 or a Superb!

• Like 1

Residuals are pretty solid for the Superb now, okay maybe not the 220 or 280 petrols but everything else should be fine. Certainly in Ireland both the Octavia and Superb are now beating their rivals for residuals.

Regardless of brand you always have to choose wisely however. Buying top end models with lots of extras will always mean faster depreciation whether it's an Audi A8 or a Superb!

Mines 5 months old now. Did a quote on WBAC for a laugh and they quoted 97p !

:-D

• Like 2

Mines 5 months old now. Did a quote on WBAC for a laugh and they quoted 97p !

:-D

I'll have it off you for 97p Nick_H, I expect that the delivery charge to London would be the wrong side of £30k though :D

Joking aside I noticed that my local Asda has a "We But Any Car" location within its parking area, think I'll see what they will give me for the shopping trolley next time I'm there ;)

• Like 3

I (hopefully) won't have to worry about residual values for a long time. I should be keeping mine 10-15 years. I think I'd keep it even if I won the lotto this week,

I agree, I purchased my Superb for the long haul, this is my retirement car, I had all the extras that I wanted put on it, great car. 

I had my last car for 16 years, kept it garaged, Main Dealer Service every year, it was as good as new when I sold it, guys at work where queuing up to buy it,I now see it at work every day, still looking fantastic, I sold it to buy my Superb.

• Like 3