Bluetooth telephone problem

Hi all,

I have connected my iPhone 6s to the infotainment system, it connects successfully and contacts import across ok.

But when I try and make a call, there is no sound thru the speakers. But it still looks like it's making the call. But there is nothing over the speakers and on the receivers phone too, you answer but can't hear anything from the car.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Is the phone set to play the audio through the car? Can't talk for iOS, but on Android you can choose where the audio goes when you connect via bluetooth. Useful if you have a bluetooth headset in the car instead of playing through the car speakers.

Edited by r08shaw

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2016 at 20:19, trebor737 said:

Hi all,

I have connected my iPhone 6s to the infotainment system, it connects successfully and contacts import across ok.

But when I try and make a call, there is no sound thru the speakers. But it still looks like it's making the call. But there is nothing over the speakers and on the receivers phone too, you answer but can't hear anything from the car.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Picked up my new Superb yesterday and know i'm having this exact same issue. 

I paired the phone fine yesterday and made some calls. But then i tried Carplay. After a while i decided i didn't really like it and went back to using normal Bluetooth phone calls. Now i can make the call but no audio comes through the speakers. 

Ive tried all the usual things - re-pairing phone, checking volume. soft reset of iPhone 6, reboot of Columbus, removing all Carplay settings. etc. Has anyone else seen this?

Did you get to the bottom of the issue trebor737?

Had the same issues but with a Samsung Galaxy J3.

The way round it for this phone is to turn mobile data off prior to connecting with the car's bluetooth.  Works perfectly then.

Might not work for an iphone but worth a try.

38 minutes ago, Mickey43 said:

Had the same issues but with a Samsung Galaxy J3.

The way round it for this phone is to turn mobile data off prior to connecting with the car's bluetooth.  Works perfectly then.

Might not work for an iphone but worth a try.

Thanks for the reply Mickey, but it didn't work for me :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, yesterday I was coming home from work with Android Auto playing away, no issues at all....

Stopped for fuel, got back into the car, phone connected, Android Auto booted fine annnnnnnnnd the sound came out of the phone, not the car yet the display and the cars physical buttons worked.

Pulled, did the trusty MS Windows trick of turning it off and turning it back on.....still the same

So I turned BT off on my phone, went into the menu, selected AUX as my input and then turned BT back on my phone and selected BT Audio as my input and it started to work again...

My only assumption is when a phone first pairs it uses Encryption/Authentication that creates a new 'Session' between the phone and the Columbus. Yet for some reason one of the devices was hanging onto the previous session thus preventing a new one from being created until it timed out.

Got my new Superb 2 weeks ago. After 2 days the phone/bluetooth started to **** up. I have 2 phones ( Android ) paired.

When trying to call or answer I could use the controls on the steering wheel, but had to use the phone to speak and listen...

I also had problems with infotainment display freezing up.

After one week I had my new Skoda  back to the dealer for service... Not impressed...

They couldnt find anything of course, but found some error codes they deleted and some new sw they upgraded with. 

Seems to work fine for now.