Rapid 1.6 sports tdi sept 65

hi all having traded in my 2008 Octavia scout. I find a few little nags about the rapid. My main gripe which is probably my fault for not checking when purchasing is the remote key fob doesn't do the electric Windows and now summer is coming and the car will be hot (inside) this was very helpful on the scout is there a workaround? Or is there an after fit resolution?

Help needed cannot stand hot cars ( yes I know I am a sad case) please help.

Kind regards Mike

There is no workaround or aftermarket solution for keyfob opening/closing of the Windows.

If you can't live without the feature your only option is to trade the car in for something else I'm afraid.

Thanks playboy for the reply,thought as much bit disappointing with Skoda even my 2001 Audi had it (15 years Ago) and my scout 2008 model, I guess some features never get passed down?

Kind regards Mike.

Thanks playboy for the reply,thought as much bit disappointing with Skoda even my 2001 Audi had it (15 years Ago) and my scout 2008 model, I guess some features never get passed down?

Kind regards Mike.

To be honest, I think they're taking things away on purpose to make the Skoda an inferior product to VW / Audi / Seat.

If you look at the Skoda range from 5-10 years ago, it was all VW stuff for less money.  Not so today.  I've noticed our Rapid is missing a few things that used to be more-or-less standard and I can't see any reason they've took them away other than an effort to engineer the brand downmarket and to make the other VAG brands seem better, giving people a reason to buy the more expensive brand.

Edited by naxtek

I thought it would be standard on these models, or at least the top model.  As you say other cars owned had this, I even had it on my mid range Vauxhall Omega (2000MY), although I think that was full window closure upon locking the car with the fob.

BTW the Toledo is missing this feature as well.

Edited by MickA

Absolutely sure - it's not a case of it being a disabled ECU feature - the option is not even present!

This has been discussed many time here already and has been looked at in-depth.

To be honest, I think they're taking things away on purpose to make the Skoda an inferior product to VW / Audi / Seat.

If you look at the Skoda range from 5-10 years ago, it was all VW stuff for less money.  Not so today.  I've noticed our Rapid is missing a few things that used to be more-or-less standard and I can't see any reason they've took them away other than an effort to engineer the brand downmarket and to make the other VAG brands seem better, giving people a reason to buy the more expensive brand.

I thought it would be standard on these models, or at least the top model.  As you say other cars owned had this, I even had it on my mid range Vauxhall Omega (2000MY), although I think that was full window closure upon locking the car with the fob.

BTW the Toledo is missing this feature as well.

Kind regards Mike.

It is not the only thing that the Rapid/Toledo lacks. Off the top of my head, the washer level sender and the air quality sensor (for automatic air recirculation) are two extras that are both old technology and ridiculously cheap, yet they chose not to offer them even as an option to the Rapid/Toledo.

I can only assume that they left these things out because they are not easily spotted before buying the car, maybe can speed up the production line a bit (doubt it) and more importantly, leave a selling point to models upwards in the range (Octavia, Leon, Golf).

• Like 1

I am not very up to date on cars, but would it make a difference where the cars are manufactured? Another small gripe is courtesy lighting where by the lights etc stay on for a few seconds after you switch off?

Kind regards Mike

I am not very up to date on cars, but would it make a difference where the cars are manufactured? Another small gripe is courtesy lighting where by the lights etc stay on for a few seconds after you switch off?

Kind regards Mike

I'm not sure if that's what you're asking, but the Rapid is made in two factories, in Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic for the Western market, and in Kaluga, Russian Federation for the CIS market. They are generally the same cars, but some options are in fact different and some parts are only for the Russian version (maybe manufactured locally?).

I'm not sure if that's what you're asking, but the Rapid is made in two factories, in Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic for the Western market, and in Kaluga, Russian Federation for the CIS market. They are generally the same cars, but some options are in fact different and some parts are only for the Russian version (maybe manufactured locally?).

Hi eyegr, yes that's what I thought, I must admit to being a little concerned back in September when I traded in the octavia scout as to VWs problems with emissions but it was a very good deal at the time. My space back sports arrived on the day of pick-up with the wrong wheels ( alloys) when they should have been black, as I would not sign on the day the dealer gave me the black alloys an £800 extra over the standard black alloys free so I was well pleased. I don't believe it's the dealers fault with the other bits that are missing that have concerned me. As another thought the disc player was in the glove compartment? But it does not play discs???? Only a SD card that has to be filled from your computer? What's that about???

Kind regards Mike

Hi eyegr, yes that's what I thought, I must admit to being a little concerned back in September when I traded in the octavia scout as to VWs problems with emissions but it was a very good deal at the time. My space back sports arrived on the day of pick-up with the wrong wheels ( alloys) when they should have been black, as I would not sign on the day the dealer gave me the black alloys an £800 extra over the standard black alloys free so I was well pleased. I don't believe it's the dealers fault with the other bits that are missing that have concerned me. As another thought the disc player was in the glove compartment? But it does not play discs???? Only a SD card that has to be filled from your computer? What's that about???

Kind regards Mike

It's a new trend, this way they're saving space from the 2 DIN face to accomodate a larger touch screen and keep it more pleasant to the eye. As for the optical drive, it's dying anyway, SD cards and bluetooth streaming are the successors to it.

As another thought the disc player was in the glove compartment? But it does not play discs???? Only a SD card that has to be filled from your computer? What's that about???

The facelift infotainment unit saw the CD drive, SD and (IIRC) the aux in/MDI moved to the glove box. CD use in cars is in massive decline, so there's less need for the drive slot to be dash-mounted - freeing up space for a bigger screen and other touch-screen electronics. However, if you have a CD drive - even one in the glove box - it should work. One to yell at the dealer about ASAP.

Hi playboy, yes it's in the glovebox with no slot to place a CD. Luckily I have a computer, I wonder what Skoda expect you to do if your not computer savvy?

Kind regards Mike

Hi playboy, yes it's in the glovebox with no slot to place a CD. Luckily I have a computer, I wonder what Skoda expect you to do if your not computer savvy?

Kind regards Mike

The music insdustry is moving towards selling online, and so is Skoda and other companies. The CD is impractical and expensive.  That being said, the dealer should have pointed out this to you before the purchase.