Found your old car up for sale?

Mine was on the forecourt for £4000 after the dealer bought it for £2400 and I bought my Monte, they they sold it to someone but had to buy it back because all underneath was dented and creased then they fixed it up and sold it again and it was back in for something because I saw it with some personal items in the boot when I went back again for my lock nuts.Don't know if the new owner is happy with it or not but I'd think now it's all fixed they should be because it was a great little car. NX11 VXU if it's anyone on here. It is taxed and it was taxed from November so I assume it was the same owner.

You got £2400 they sold for £4000. Wow that's a nice profit. Last car sold to a dealer SWMBO's Astra. Was sold for £3300 they advertised at £4450

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nope I don't wonder, as the only old car (1.4MPI from 2002) I ever sold, still is driven around these parts and that was sold private rather than being ripped off at a dealer :D

Although actually if I recall it was only £100 more I got lol

Still own all the other cars I've ever bought since then ! I know a good thing when I have it (like Fabia 1 vRS) ;)

You got £2400 they sold for £4000. Wow that's a nice profit. Last car sold to a dealer SWMBO's Astra. Was sold for £3300 they advertised at £4450

The price they gave me was about £20 over what WBAC would offer me if it was in perfect condition. The salesman only saw 2 little bits of trim off on the front grille however it had been through a hedge backwards and needed (according to the manager) circa £1200 spending on it including new front and rear bumpers, new grill trims, new exhaust, and some other bits underneath including under-tray and arch liners ect.

So if they spent that on it then they only really made £400 on it minus the costs of having it cleaned when they bought it, cleaned when they took it back in, courtesy car for the new owner while they fixed it ect. I reckon they could have made a loss on it. But it serves them right, they rip everyone else off. Consider it a public service if you wish :D

• Like 2

The price they gave me was about £20 over what WBAC would offer me if it was in perfect condition. The salesman only saw 2 little bits of trim off on the front grille however it had been through a hedge backwards and needed (according to the manager) circa £1200 spending on it including new front and rear bumpers, new grill trims, new exhaust, and some other bits underneath including under-tray and arch liners ect.

So if they spent that on it then they only really made £400 on it minus the costs of having it cleaned when they bought it, cleaned when they took it back in, courtesy car for the new owner while they fixed it ect. I reckon they could have made a loss on it. But it serves them right, they rip everyone else off. Consider it a public service if you wish :D

Ah that makes more sense. Was going to say rip off merchants otherwise

Mine was on the forecourt for £4000 after I part ex'd it. Just checked the reg and it's not been taxed since January.

Shame really as it was on 80,000 miles fabia mk1 vrs.

PK07FCD if anyone sees it

Px'd mine in the original post for £2k, so shows how much they might make as it had nothing needed doing to it. Loving my new fiesta now though traitor I know :p