Delivery holdups at Emden

jeleoto

What is going on with the delivery of Skoda cars ??

My car has been sitting dockside car park at Emden since 2nd week Feb. 

Been told time and time again that due to bad weather the ro-ro ships could no go to sea just in case any of the cars could be damaged..

I just don't believe this... These ro-ro transporters are designed to work across the North Sea in all sorts of conditions.. It costs the ship owners an

absolute fortune not to have the ships in constant movement.

Am at a point now where I would just cancel the whole new car changeover and continue with my old banger.

I wonder what the financial costs might be... Bearing in mind the car is still on the other side and not even in the UK

Any ideas would be appreciated..

Mine was built week 8 (week starting 22nd Feb) - I was told that there was a delay at the port at the start of last week (total 2 week delay as it was supposed to ship the week before), however on Friday last week I had an email from my dealer saying that it was now on the ship headed for the UK.

Re cancellation,I'm considering that on my wife's Citigo.

As far as I can see,although the new car order form is a legal document,you can cancel but possibly lose your deposit,unless it can be proved that they have messed you about.

Stand to be corrected.

Edited by RickW

I have also had this problem. Car was built end of Jan and still not delivered. Was sat in Emden for at least 25 days. Finally managed to get it on as priority shipping and it is now in the uk but still not arrived at the dealership

If the sea has been too rough there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Have a word with your dealer, say your not happy with the delay, see if they can give you some more discount or extras to compensate you.

Well ! well! Just had return call from Skoda Uk 

Am told that my  newish Fabia January built and sitting at dockside Emden since early February  has finally reached UK  assume its Grimsby. Or possibly Lands end

Wonder now how long it will take to get to my dealer in Eastbourne..

Can only hope it don't snow or gets loosed in fog stopped by bright sun light or taken by aliens .

I live in hope of getting it before I forget ive ordered it...

Will keep you informed.. (Don't hold your breath)

• Like 1

Well ! well! Just had return call from Skoda Uk 

Am told that my  newish Fabia January built and sitting at dockside Emden since early February  has finally reached UK  assume its Grimsby. Or possibly Lands end

Wonder now how long it will take to get to my dealer in Eastbourne..

Can only hope it don't snow or gets loosed in fog stopped by bright sun light or taken by aliens .

I live in hope of getting it before I forget ive ordered it...

Will keep you informed.. (Don't hold your breath)

I had an email on Tuesday saying that my Fabia was now in the UK and on its way to my dealer in Gloucester and that it should be ready for pick-up early next week :) - So I would assume yours would be the same ?!

Edited by daveface